Are you looking for some chicken leg recipes for the barbecue ? These chicken legs with lime and ginger are delicious – either hot as part of a barbeque or cold to take on a picnic.
- 10 – 12 chicken legs
- Juice of 5 limes
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Put all the ingredients except the chicken into a bowl and mix well.
- Then put the meat and marinade in a Ziploc bag or bowl and every few hours turn it and massage the marinade into the meat.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180ºC. Spread out the chicken legs and marinade on a roasting tin, cover with tinfoil and roast for 20 minutes, remove tinfoil and continue roasting for a further 20 minutes.
Recipe provided by Judy Kavanagh, The Cook Club
Have you got a good chicken barbecue recipe? Share it in the comments below.