It’s the Mykidstime 21 day fitness challenge and Day 8 challenge is to …
Introduce jogging to your walks
- Walk the first 5mins to warm-up. Use this time to mentally prepare yourself to commit to completing the next phase.
- Now, here we go – let’s break into a gentle jog, nothing too fast, we want you to be able to keep jogging for ONE MINUTE. (it will feel like a very loooong minute but don’t give up – you CAN do this).
- Okay, back down to walking for 90 seconds. Don’t allow your walking pace to drop down to a “dilly-dally”!! Walk with purpose but we still want to use this time to catch our breath.
- After 90 seconds walking, up we go again to a jog for 1 minute.
- Repeat this 8 times ie. ( 60secs Run : 90 secs Walk ) X 8 = total 20min.
- Finish off with a 5min walk to cool down.
Running Dos & Don’ts
MISSED YESTERDAY? DAY 7
How are you getting on with the challenge? Let us know in the comment box below.