Becoming a parent transforms every single aspect of your life. These transformations continue throughout your parenting journey especially with each child! Hands up who has done the following?! Here’s the difference between having your first second and third child:
Sign up for our free newsletter and join us on facebook and follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
- 1st baby: You begin wearing maternity clothes as soon as your OB/GYN confirms your pregnancy.
- 2nd baby: You wear your regular clothes for as long as possible.
- 3rd baby: Your maternity clothes ARE your regular clothes.
Preparing for the Birth
- 1st baby: You practice your breathing religiously.
- 2nd baby: You don’t bother practicing because you remember that last time, breathing didn’t do a thing.
- 3rd baby: You ask for an epidural in your 8th month.
Getting Ready for Baby
- 1st baby: You pre-wash your newborn’s clothes, colour-coordinate them, and fold them neatly in the baby’s little bureau.
- 2nd baby: You check to make sure that the clothes are clean and discard only the ones with the darkest stains.
- 3rd baby: Boys can wear pink, can’t they?
- 1st baby: At the first sign of distress – a whimper, a frown – you pick up the baby.
- 2nd baby: You pick the baby up when her wails threaten to wake your firstborn.
- 3rd baby: You teach your 3-year-old how to rewind the mechanical swing.
- 1st baby: If the soother falls on the floor, you put it away until you can go home and wash and boil it.
- 2nd baby: When the soother falls on the floor, you squirt it off with some juice from the baby’s bottle.
- 3rd baby: You wipe it off on your shirt and pop it back in.