Looking for some fun things to do around the Midlands with the family? Read on – there’s some great things to do with kids in the Midlands this month.
Things To Do with Kids in the Midlands in April
Easter Events and Camps
Belvedere House and Gardens host their annual Easter Treasure Hunt on Easter Sunday and Easter Monday, April 5th and 6th. The Easter Bunny will be on hand to help you solve clues to complete the Easter Treasure Hunt and collect your prizes! You can book your Easter Hunt ticket here.
Birr Theatre have a Brick Flicks Stop Motion Workshop on March 28th. Bring along your favourite Lego figure and watch it come to life!
The Irish National Stud have daily family activities running over the Easter Break from April 3rd to 12th including:
- Complimentary Pony Rides & Face Painting on admission. These will take place in the Kildare Yard from 11am to 12.30pm and from 2pm to 3.30pm.
- Daily Nature Trail at 2pm which will take approx 40 mins to complete.
- Visit the 100+ new born foals. More arriving daily!
Hop along to Lough Boora Discovery Park this Easter Saturday for the ultimate Bord Na Móna family event. the Boora Bunny Egg Hunt.
Dunamaise Arts Centre are showing the family film Mary Poppins on April 4th
Ardagh Heritage and Creativity Centre have Easter activities including for all the family including The White Rabbit Egg Hunt on April 4th, 5th and 6th.
The Luan Gallery in Westmeath are running a fun creative Easter Camp for kids aged 6+. The camps run daily from April 7th to 11th.
Post Easter Events
Kilkenny Medieval Week runs from April17th to 26th. Rolling back the years, children and families can take part in Medieval Craft and Food Workshops, fun Storytelling and Puppet Shows.
Celbridge Library have a Frist Aid for Parents class on April 14th.
Things To Do with Kids in the Midlands in March
Brick Flicks have a one day Stop Motion workshop on March 28th at Birr Theatre and Arts Center Book Online Now
St Patrick’s Day Celebrations – Belvedere
To celebrate St Patrick’s Belvedere House have a host of fun activities and events on Sunday March 15th and have half price admission for everyone. Events take place from 2pm to 4pm at the Belvedere Visitor Center an afterwards you can enjoy the gardens and house.
St Patrick’s Day Parades – Midlands
- The Clane St Patrick’s Day Parade begins at 2.45pm on March 17th
- The Maynooth St Patrick’s Day Parade is on March 17th 2015 at 11am from Straffan Road
- The 2015 Athy St Patrick’s Day Parade starts at 3pm on March 17th
- There will also be St Patrick’s Day Parades in Clara, Edenderry and Celbridge.
- Kilcormac has its annual St Patrick’s Day Parade on March 17th 2015
- The 2015 Tullamore St Patrick’s Day Parade starts at 11.30am on March 17th
- The Mullingar St Patrick’s Day Parade begins at 3pm on March 17th 2015. Events will run from 2pm to 6pm with family fun for everyone.
- The 2015 Athlone St Patrick’s Day Parade start at 2.30pm from Golden Island. There will be free children’s entertainment in Civic Square from 2pm to 4pm on March 17th
- The 2015 Portlaoise St Patrick’s Day Parade begins at 12.30pm from County Hall Before the parade Portlaoise Athletic Club will host their annual street race from 11.30pm.
- The 2015 Longford St Patrick’s Day Parade begins at 1pm on March 17th
New listings are added daily so visit the website for a full list of What’s On in your area.
Things To Do with Kids in the Midlands in February
Engineers Week takes place from February 8th to 14th. There are events in Kildare, Offaly, Laois, Westmeath and Longford for families, many of which are FREE but need to be pre-booked.
Trad on the Prom takes place at The Hodson Bay Hotel in Athlone on February 14th.
The Birr Stages Rally takes place on February 22nd.
Things To Do with Kids in the Midlands in January
The first race of the season takes place at Punchestown Racecourse on January 10th.
Panto Club presents A Peter Pan Tale on Jan 29th – 31st at The Moat Theatre in Naas.
The Riverbank Arts Centre have shows and films for families and children running this January including Cinderella and the Lambert Puppet Theatre present Snow White and Bosco.
BYT are back at The Backstage Theatre Longford, with their new panto Robin Hood. It runs Jan 23rd, 25th, 25th, 29th and 30th with matinee and evening shows available.
If you didn’t make it to the cinema over the Christmas, there are some great family films showing this month at the Odeon Portloaise, IMC Tullamore, Omniplex Longford, IMC Mullingar, IMC Athlone. Odeon Nass, Odeon Newbridge, We saw Paddington (read our review) and Annie recently both great and for older children the final Hobbit movie was a big hit.
Operation Transformation are running walks around the country on January 17th. Find one near you and get the whole family off the sofa and out in the fresh air!