New Adventures Await at Beyond the Trees Avondale
The Treetop and Viewing Tower located at Beyond the Trees Avondale reaches 38m into the sky and is the first of its kind in Ireland and the UK. A unique visitor attraction, fully accessible to all generations, including prams and wheelchairs, due to it’s gentle gradient up the 10 circuits to reach the top where you can enjoy the 360° panoramic views over Avondale Forest Park, the Vale of Avoca, the Wicklow Mountains and beyond.
Your journey through the forest on the Treetop Walk begins as the boardwalk makes its way out over the Avonmore River valley. Play areas and interactive games along the route encourage you to take a different view of the forest and explore the bird and animal life of the surrounding area.
If you are feeling very adventurous you can take the option to whizz back down to earth on the giant spiral slide inside the Viewing Tower or continue back down the ramped boardwalk to the forest floor.
Not only can you explore the wonderful Treetop Walk and Viewing Tower but there are so many other wonderful things for the family to discover at Avondale!
- Seed Cafe – The Seed Café is a contemporary, bright and spacious café located in the Visitors Centre, overlooking the picturesque Walled Garden at Beyond the Trees Avondale. There is also have a fabulous outdoor dining terrace, ideal for families whose little ones want to enjoy the adventurous playground beside the Seed Café deck whilst lunch being prepared.
- Avondale Forest Park – Make time for a stroll or a family cycle through the forest during your visit. With trails from 1km to 5km, there is one to suit everyone and you can enjoy the beautiful natural surroundings here in Avondale Forest Park.
- Walled Garden – The large Walled Garden is home to a state of the art children’s play area and the Seed café outdoor dining terrace. There are garden benches positioned throughout the garden for our visitors to relax and enjoy the great outdoors.
- Avondale House – Avondale House and Estate was purchased by the state in 1904. From August 2022 you can visit the house and explore the story of Samuel Hayes and the Parnell Family.
- Coillte Pavilion – Nestled among the historic courtyard and walled gardens, the Coillte Pavilion at Avondale Forest Park is a free to enter, immersive exhibition that tells the story of Coillte’s work in forestry, innovation, and climate action. There’s something for all ages to explore, discover and engage with.
A family pass [2 adults and 3 children] to visit the Beyond the Trees Treetop Walk & Viewing Tower
How to Enter
To enter just fill in your contact details on our form below. We’ll be in touch by email with the lucky winner after the closing date of Sunday 24th July.
This competition has now closed.