With plenty of space to explore, beautiful gardens, walks and lots more to enjoy, Powerscourt Estate is a fantastic place to head for a family day out. We have teamed up with Powerscourt to give you the chance to win one of two Family Day Passes!
Powerscourt Gardens – The Perfect Day Out
The Gardens at Powerscourt Estate are stunning and ideal for families to explore. Enjoy the roses in the Walled Garden, some planted over forty years ago, in the midst of their vibrant second flush of wonderful colour.
The Herbaceous Border, the longest double border in the country, is now a haven for biodiversity and has something for everyone to enjoy, especially eagle-eyed kids. It is looking magical with many herbs and plants in bloom, attracting bees and other wildlife with their bright colouring.
Once you have enjoyed the Gardens, you can pick up a coffee, treat or ice-cream at The Avoca restaurant and food hall – they have some of the best homegrown and artisan foods and products.
Poetry in Bloom Competition
“Poetry in Bloom” is a poetry competition developed by Powerscourt in partnership with creative writing organisation Fighting Words. The competition is supported this year by renowned International / Irish / Hollywood actor Patrick Bergin.
Patrick is also a lover of poetry and is especially encouraging of young poets. Patrick will be reading through the submissions to “Poetry in Bloom” and helping to select a number of poems which will be used to create a short poetry film to close the initiative.
If you are 7 years old or older why not create a poem or write lyrics, inspired by nature you have observed at Powerscourt Gardens? You can submit your entry online throughout August and September 2020. All submissions will automatically be entered into an open prize draw to win a variety of amazing prizes!
For entry details, inspiration and more information about “Poetry in Bloom” as well as full terms and conditions, visit https://www.powerscourt.com/poetryinbloom.
Becoming an Annual Member
There are many advantages to purchasing an annual membership to Powerscourt.
- When you buy annual membership you will receive a complimentary family pass to the Gardens to gift to friends or family.
- If you’re a keen gardener you will enjoy the grand designs of the Gardens and exploring the many varieties of plants and trees in the gardens.
- As a member you will receive a 10% Discount in Powerscourt Garden Pavilion when you present your annual membership card.
- Members also have exclusive access to Powerscourt River Walk featuring 3 km of tranquil pathways and secret woodland trails.
- Powerscourt Waterfall is a great place for you and your family to explore! At the highest waterfall in Ireland you can picnic, go wildlife spotting and relax in the children’s playground and grounds.
For more information on Annual Memberships please click here.
2 x Family Day Passes to Powerscourt Estate
How to Enter
To enter just fill in your contact details on our form and we will be in touch with the lucky winners by email after the closing date of Sunday 13th September.