Tech Week 2018 takes place nationwide from April 22nd to 28th. Events run in classrooms, libraries, community centres, schools, universities & businesses around Ireland. Below is a list of some of the free events for families and kids happening around Ireland during Tech Week 2018.
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free? Please share this with your family & friends if you liked it!
Tech Week 2018 will see more than 100,000 people take part in a range of fun activities. For students, these activities will equip them with the knowledge and experience necessary to make informed choices about their future subject and career options. And will educate people of all ages and from all backgrounds about the challenges and rewards of our fast-changing technological society.
Events at Tech Week 2018
Here are just some of the great events taking place during Tech Week 2018. For a full list of events visit www.techweek.ie. Most of the events below are free, unless stated otherwise. Some require pre-booking.
- Megadojo South East takes place in the Newpark Hotel, Kilkenny on April 15th.
- Take a behind the scenes tour at EPIC, Dublin on April 22nd (there is a fee for this event)
- Light Pollution & Citizen Science Workshops take place at CIT Castle Observatory, Blackrock, Cork on April 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th & 27th (there is a cost to take part)
- National Scratch Competition, Limerick University on April 25th
- Creative & Innovative Computing workshop takes place in Wexford on April 26th
- Technovation Pitch competition takes place in the Irish Computer Society, Dubln on April 27th
- Digital Citizenship Summit Ireland Conference takes place in the Science Gallery Dublin on April 28th.
- Microbits Workshop with TEKcentral in Bunclody Library, Wexford on April 28th
- Tech_Week Showcase takes place at the RDS, Dublin on April 28th.
If you are running an event, please add it here.
Free Resources for Tech Week 2018
- Tech Week Activity Sheets
- Bebras Mini-Challenge
- Free Scratch Lesson Plans
- Scouting 360
- Free Primary Lesson Plans from CLISTE
- Digital Art Week
Tech Week aims to inspire students and people of all ages to engage actively with Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM subjects). It is organised annually by the ICS Foundation, the social enterprise arm of the Irish Computer Society and sponsored by Science Foundation Ireland.
You can learn all about Tech Week 2018 by visiting www.techweek.ie, find them on Facebook at facebook.com/techweekirl and follow @TechWeekIRL on Twitter, and don’t forget to use the hashtag #techweekirl to be part of the conversation!