The 2018 Baboró International Arts Festival for Children is on this October 15th to 21st and the programme is bursting with extraordinary stories from all around the world.
With 51 events over 7 days there are world-class performances in dance, theatre and music, as well as exhibitions, films, storytelling and workshops for tiny tots to teens. There’s even a programme of workshops for teachers and parents. There really is something for every member of the family to discover and enjoy.
There are also opportunities for children and adults to get creative while spending quality time together as part of the Creative Connections strand. Plenty of fun to be had too!
Baboró 2018 Festival Highlights
Amongst the international programme highlights are:
- Tetris (ages 5-12) from Arch 8, Netherlands, inspired by the game of the same name, exploring how we connect with one another.
- The Young King (age 8+) from Slingsby Theatre, Australia, about a boy raised by goatherds in a beautiful piece of immersive theatre.
- Getting Dressed (ages 2-6), from Theaterhaus Ensemble, Germany, sees two opera-trained performers combine their playful dances with beautiful singing.
- Black Beauty (ages 5-12) from Red Bridge Arts & Traverse Theatre, Scotland, blends storytelling, music and puppetry in this vibrant retelling of the much-loved classic, Black Beauty.
Check out all the performances here
Special Relaxed Performances at Baboró 2018
For those parents who may be concerned about bringing their child to the theatre for the first time, or have children with special or sensory needs, Baboró’s special Relaxed Performances aim to provide a comfortable and supportive atmosphere for children and their families to enjoy the shows.
- Getting Dressed relaxed performances on October 20th at 3pm and October 21st at 11.30am. Ages 2 to 6 years
- Night Light relaxed performance on October 19th at 3pm. Ages 3 to 6 years
- Egg-tion Hero relaxed performances on October 16th & 18th at 3.30pm. Ages 3 to 8 years
- How to Catch a Star relaxed performance on October 16th at 5pm. Ages 4 to 7 years
Baboró 2018 Film Programme
Baboró is delighted to be working with the Pálás Cinema on its film programme, which features The Breadwinner and The Big Bad Fox and Other Tales.
Baboró 2018 Free Events
Tickets do sell out quickly for all shows, so to avoid disappointment, book your tickets today.
Keep informed of all the Baboró 2018 Festival highlights over on their facebook page. The Baboró team look forward to extending a warm Baboró welcome to you and your family this year.