The 2019 Baboró International Arts Festival for Children is on this October 14th to 20th and the programme is bursting with extraordinary stories from all around the world.
With over 50 events over 7 days there are world-class performances in dance, theatre and music, as well as exhibitions, films, storytelling and workshops for tiny tots to teens. There’s even a programme of workshops for teachers and parents. There really is something for every member of the family to discover and enjoy.
Baboró 2019 Festival Highlights
Amongst the international programme highlights are:
- Removed (ages 13+) from Prime Cut Productions, Northern Ireland, the story of Adam, an insight into growing up in the care of the state.
- No Man Is An Island (all ages) from Arch8, The Netherlands, a dance duet that tests the limits of a body’s endurance.
- Cache Cache (ages 18 mths to 5 years) from Théâtre de la Guimbarde, Belgium, a game of hide-and-seek to help children overcome the fear of the unknown!
- Jabberbabble (ages 6 to 10 years) from Theatregroep Kwatta, The Netherlands, a show about four birds and one nest and what happens when they flock together.
- Baby Yaga (ages 7 to 13 years) from Windmill Theatre and Imaginate, Australia & Scotland, Who is the mysterious neighbour? And will she ever turn the music down?
- Tiger Tale (ages 7+) from Barrowland Ballet, Scotland, something wild is prowling. She can hear it through her bedroom walls, but her parents seem stuck in the dull routines of their everyday lives. Until one day the wild breaks in and everything changes, for the better! Captivating dance and a pulsing soundtrack for audiences to enjoy.
- Carnival of the Animals (ages 5+) from Music for Galway and Babóro, Ireland, chuckle at the clumsy sounds of the elephant, admire the elegant notes of the swan and wonder at the tinkling tunes of the sea. The perfect introduction to classical music for young audiences.
Check out all the performances here
Special Relaxed Performances at Baboró 2019
For those parents who may be concerned about bringing their child to the theatre for the first time, or have children with special or sensory needs, Baboró’s special Relaxed Performances aim to provide a comfortable and supportive atmosphere for children and their families to enjoy the shows.
- Stick By Me (ages 3 to 6 years) relaxed performance on Wednesday, October 16th at 4pm
- Francis Footwork (ages 6+) relaxed performance on Saturday, October 19th at 2.30pm
- Wonder Emporium (ages 18 mths to 12 years) relaxed workshop on Saturday 19th & Sunday 20th October at 1pm
- I Say You Say (ages 4 to 8 years) relaxed performance on Friday 18th October at 5pm
- Through The Microscope (ages 6+) workshop with Toddlelou Creativity Lab relaxed performance on Saturday 19th & Sunday 20th October at 10.30am
Baboró 2019 Film Programme
Baboró is delighted to be working with the Pálás Cinema on its film programme, which features Spirited Away and Is Mise.
Baboró 2019 Free Events
There are also lots of free events including book readings, film, dance, music & exhibitions for all the family to enjoy.
Tickets do sell out quickly for all shows, so to avoid disappointment, book your tickets today.
Keep informed of all the Baboró 2019 Festival highlights over on their facebook page. The Baboró team look forward to extending a warm Baboró welcome to you and your family this year.