- This event has passed.
Hallowe’en Bonfire & Storytelling
October 28, 2018 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 3:00 pm, repeating until October 29, 2018
Hallowe’en text for 3rd Party Advertisers
Hallowe’en is arriving at Brigit’s Garden, Rosscahill, Co. Galway and all the family are invited to dress in their scariest Hallowe’en outfit for an afternoon of Ghoulish Arts & Crafts, Spooky Storytelling, Hunting for The Púca, Witchery in the Roundhouse and the grand finale, everybody’s favourite – the Bonfire to celebrate Samhain.
Due to huge demand last year, there are two dates, 28th and 29th October this year. The event runs from 3pm to 6pm. This family event is suitable for all ages.
Adult €8, Child €10, Family of 4 €32, Family of 5 €40, Under 2s go free, Concession €6.50
To avoid disappointment, it is advised you book your tickets in advance. https://brigitsgarden.clr.events/event/127409:halloween-bonfire-story-telling-2018
Hallowe’en Schedule of Events
3 – 5pm
• Little Spook’s Treasure Hunt around the Celtic Gardens for the little ones. Find the ghosts, mark them off the spooky list and visit the Wacky Witch for a prize.
• Super Spooky Scavenger Hunt for bigger kids around the greater Brigit’s Garden. Collect the letters to spell out the haunted words which are to be shared with the Wacky Witch and thrown into her cauldron to retrieve a prize.
• Ghoulish Arts & Crafts in the Marquee. Throw the ball in the witch’s hat, use your favourite autumn colours and do some colouring in, create a seasonal leaf-rubbing masterpiece, let your imagination run wild and invent your own clay monsters and learn how to make your own spider’s web.
• Witchery in the Roundhouse. Visit the Wacky Witch at her cauldron, to help her create spells and potions.
• Apple fishing at the fountain.
• Enjoy the Celtic Gardens at dusk.
Allocated Times starting at 3.15pm
• Storytelling with Rab Fulton. Rab is a storyteller, author, podcaster and lecturer, who has a growing international reputation for his mesmerising retelling of the great myths and legends of Ireland and Scotland.
• Join the Wacky Witch for the parade to the Bonfire and chase the Púca. Here you will light the Bonfire and welcome Samhain – the beginning of a new year for Celtic peoples.
The Garden Café
Eat, drink and be scary at the Garden Café. The monsters in the kitchen have created a gruesome menu for those who dare to eat it. Think worms and eyeballs (spaghetti and meatballs), witches fingers and much more killer cuisine. It will be drop dead gorgeous.