- This event has passed.
Hallowe’en Bonfire & Storytelling
October 28, 2019 @ 3:00 am - 6:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 3:00 am, repeating until October 28, 2019
It’s that time of year again, when the veil between this world and the other is at its thinnest. And at this special time of year, you would be well advised to disguise yourself so the ghouls won’t find you! So dig out your costumes and join us for an afternoon of Spooky Arts & Crafts, Chilling Stories with master storyteller Rab Fulton, notions, potions and lotions with the Wacky Witch, Hunting for the Púca and our grand finale, everybody’s favourite – our Bonfire to celebrate Samhain.
Hallowe’en Bonfire & Storytelling takes place on 27th and 28th October this year. The event runs from 3pm to 6pm and is a family event, suitable for all ages.
The Gory Details…
3 – 5pm
– Big Boo’s Scavenger Hunt for kids around Brigit’s Garden. Collect the letters to spell out the haunted words which are to be shared with the Wacky Witch and thrown into her cauldron to retrieve a prize.
– Spooky Arts & Crafts in the Marquee. Be inspired by nature and get stuck into some autumnal inspired arts and crafts.
– Witchery in the Roundhouse. Visit the Wacky Witch at her cauldron, to help her create spells and potions.
– Apple fishing at the fountain.
– Enjoy the Celtic Gardens at dusk.
Allocated Times starting at 3.15pm: Storytelling with Rab Fulton. Rab has a substantial back catalogue of the great myths and legends of Ireland and Scotland. He will mesmerise young and old alike with his unique delivery of Celtic fairy tales.
5.00pm: Join the Wacky Witch for the parade to the Bonfire and chase the Púca. The Púca is a mythical creature who likes creating havoc in the mortal world. The Púca often enjoys confusing humans and trying to scare us. Once we take care of the Púca, we will light the Bonfire and welcome Samhain – the beginning of a new year for Celtic peoples.
The Garden Café
Enjoy some fang-tastic cuisine at the Garden Café. Think pumpkin soup, googly-eyed cookie monsters, candied apples – it will be drop dead gorgeous!
Family of 4 €35.00
Family of 5 €39.00
Under 2’s – Free
To avoid disappointment, it is advised you book your tickets in advance. Unfortunately, our free admission passes are not valid for special events.