- This event has passed.
UCD FESTIVAL 2018
June 9, 2018Free
The UCD Festival which is back for its third year on Saturday, 9 June 2018 with a jam-packed schedule of multi-disciplinary events against the backdrop of a festival atmosphere on the Belfield campus, including an international food fair and a host of family fun activities.
The Festival is a free event where the wider UCD community and the public is invited for a wonderful day of events, fascinating talks, interactive science exhibitions and modern technologies, creative workshops and live performances. People of all ages are invited to register for tickets to experience this unique festival of creativity, innovation and discovery. Register at www.ucd.ie/festival
The one-day event highlights the innovation, creativity and research that happens on campus, there will plenty to choose from in a day of hands-on fun.
Just some of the highlights from six festival zones and over 100 events include:
• Fast forward into the future as you encounter interactive technologies and artificial intelligence at the Science and Innovation Zone, sponsored by Intel Ireland
• Jump into the Family Fun zone were UCD Sport and Fitness Centre will host a range of high octane activities for the whole family to enjoy. There will be tennis coaching, rugby and GAA mini-drills at the sports zone and the hugely popular Festival Train makes a return.
• Immerse yourself in one of Ireland’s richest cultures by visiting UCD’s Folklore Collection, recognised as one of Europe’s largest archives of oral tradition and cultural history, which was inscribed in 2017 to the UNESCO Memory of the World Register.
• Embrace the world of imagination – children can bring their favourite teddy along to UCD Festival and receive a one-to-one interactive session with a ‘healthcare professional’!
• Get close to the latest advances in innovation and technology at the Engineering and Technology Zone, sponsored by Microsoft with an inspiring, interactive programme of events. Highlights include the VR cave, the drone cage, 3D printing and creative design challenges such as ‘build your o