If you are looking for a winter warmer, this Halloween pumpkin soup is the perfect choice! Adapted from a recipe in Seriously Spooky Fun by Marion Haslam, it is a great way of using up the leftover insides of your pumpkin once you have had fun carving it up!
PS Did we mention it’s free?
Halloween Pumpkin Soup
- 900g (2lb) pumpkin, diced
- 1 large apple, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 stick of celery, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 25g / 1 oz butter
- 1.2 l (2 pts) chicken or veg stock
- Dash of Tabasco
- 1 bay leaf
- Few thyme leaves
- 150ml / 5fl oz low fat creme fraiche
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Salt & pepper
- Chives or parsley chopped
- Add butter to a saucepan and saute the vegetables and garlic for a few minutes. Add the pumpkin, apple, stock, tabasco, bay leaf and thyme.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and puree the soup in a blender or with hand blender until smooth.
- Stir in most of the creme fraiche and season with the nutmeg, salt & pepper.
- Use a spoon to swirl in some creme fraiche and sprinkling of chopped chives or parsley.
If you have tried this recipe let us know what you thought of it in the comments below