If you are looking for an autumnal warmer, this seasonal Halloween pumpkin soup is the perfect choice. Make the most of autumn’s most renowned veg and create a hearty, wholesome soup in no time!
Sign up for our free monthly newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
This recipe for Halloween pumpkin soup is adapted from a recipe in Seriously Spooky Fun by Marion Haslam. It is a great way of using up the leftover insides of your pumpkin once you have had fun carving it up!
You May Also Enjoy 12 Perfect Pumpkin Recipes for the Family this Halloween
Halloween Pumpkin Soup
- 900g (2lb) pumpkin, diced
- 1 large apple, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 stick of celery, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 25g / 1 oz butter
- 1.2 l (2 pts) chicken or veg stock
- Dash of Tabasco
- 1 bay leaf
- Few thyme leaves
- 150ml / 5fl oz low fat creme fraiche
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Salt & pepper
- Chives or parsley chopped
- Add butter to a saucepan and saute the vegetables and garlic for a few minutes. Add the pumpkin, apple, stock, tabasco, bay leaf and thyme.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and puree the soup in a blender or with hand blender until smooth.
- Stir in most of the creme fraiche and season with the nutmeg, salt & pepper.
- Use a spoon to swirl in some creme fraiche and sprinkling of chopped chives or parsley.
You May Also Enjoy 9 Delicious (and Easy!) Recipes for Roast Pumpkin Seeds
Have you tried making Halloween pumpkin soup yet? What did you think? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!