Here is the Mykidstime Team Top 10 wish list for eateries who claim to be family friendly:
- Colouring books that have enough clean pages to keep our little ones going for a while when we have forgotten to bring our own plus crayons that work and don’t break. Comics or magazines for our older kids to browse as colouring is now beneath them.
- Kid sized cutlery as little fingers struggle with adult sizes.
- A space to put buggies out of the way so everyone passing doesn’t trip and kill themselves. Or an offer to put it somewhere quickly and efficiently out of the way until we need it again.
- Proper changing tables in both male & female toilets so that we are not forced to change baby on floor yet again. Some baby wipes and a nappy or two in case of memory loss are helpful too.
- Kids Menus with a bit of imagination. What about some carrot sticks and cucumber slices and baby tomatoes on the plate if you must serve those chips. Kids love finger food.
- Smaller portions for kids – we’re tired of huge adult sized goopy macaroni cheese that our kid takes one spoonful of and then pushes away.
- Kids are HUNGRY when they arrive. Bring their main courses with the adult starters without us having to remember to ask for this.
- Short plastic tumblers please instead of long tall glasses that kids can knock over, and we’d love some healthier drink options for kids.
- Extra napkins on tables with families for the inevitable drink spill.
- Oh yes, and a corner of the restaurant with TV, DVD and cushions….