Who doesn’t love pancake Tuesday? This pancake recipe makes really light fluffy pancakes,that are really easy to eat. To adapt this recipe for crepes you just add water to get the runnier batter.
**TOP TIP** : Only flip once!
- 225g flour (roughly 3/4 cup)
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1tsp sugar **optional for sweet pancakes**
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- I like to make my pancake batter the night before, but leaving it for at least an hour, to rest and thicken will help too. You can of course use it right away but the batter will be more runny
- Pop the butter into a small dish and melt either on the stove or in the microwave (15 seconds should be sufficient). Set aside to cool.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Add your milk and give it a quick mix with a whisk.
- Add the two eggs and mix well.
- Add the melted butter right before cooking
There are a million and one ways to make crepes and pancakes. The main points are for thick American style pancakes you need a thick batter that doesn’t run too much when you pop it into the hot pan. For thin crepes you want a runny batter that will easily coat the whole pan in a thin layer.
Don’t be afraid to try the savoury ones! Many people stick to the lemon and sugar but hey this day comes every year so why not try something different this year? 🙂
Thanks to Food Blogger My Big Red Kitchen for this recipe.
You might also like 10 Quick & Healthy Breakfast Ideas that aren’t Porridge & Lazy Porridge Pancakes
Do you have a favourite pancake topping? Share it in the comments below.