Bite-size fudgey goodness topped with chocolate treats – what’s not to love? Get ready to swoon, because this salted Creme Egg fudge is unbelievable!
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
Try making your own fudge for the ultimate treat – and then top it with some of the Easter Bunny’s favourite goodies!
This Creme Egg fudge keeps well in an airtight tin, or makes a wonderful gift. It’s also a fantastic way to, ahem, ‘save’ the kids from all their Easter egg hunt finds…
You May Also Enjoy These Twice-Baked Lemon Bars Are Very More-ish!
Creme Egg Fudge Recipe
- 5 Cadbury Creme Eggs or Dairyfine Eggjoyables
- 100g pack Mini Chocolate Eggs
- 200ml Milk
- 200ml Double Cream
- 160g Salted Butter, cut into small chunks
- 700g Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Instant Coffee
- Line a 18cm square cake tin with tin foil.
- Put the milk, cream, butter, sugar, salt and coffee into a medium saucepan. Slowly heat to melt the sugar and butter then cook for about 20 minutes, if using a sugar thermometer, heat until 115°C.
- If you don’t have a thermometer, then after 20 minutes the liquid should look thick, bubbly and a nutty brown colour. Test by dropping a small teaspoon into some cold water – if the mixture goes into a soft ball then you are ready.
- Remove from the stove and stir gently with a wooden spoon for a couple of minutes. Then, with a handheld electric mixer, beat on a low speed for about 3-5 minutes.
- The mixture should thicken up and start to look more matt finish than gloss. Take the tin foil off the creme eggs and gently bash them.
- Chop up the mini eggs. Gently fold the eggs into the fudge. Pour into the prepared tin and allow to cool completely. Refrigerate for a few hours.
- Cut into chunks and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Aldi. You can find more recipes at www.Aldi.ie
You May Also Enjoy This Chocolate Refrigerator Cake Recipe Is So Easy And Adaptable
Will you be making this Creme Egg fudge? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!