It can be a costly business running a family, house, car. Never mind the regular bills, there’s the unexpected expenses. So anything that can help you either save money or earn some extra money is always welcome. The Mykidstime Team has picked out some ways to save money and earn money or rewards at home that we’ve come across on our travels online.
Sign up for our free monthly newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
Disclaimer: If we are paid to promote any offers or programmes, or if we earn affiliate commission from you using our links, then we will state that, otherwise it’s just offers and income earners that we have come across.
Ways to Save Money
Half Price Entry to Johnstown Castle, Wexford this Easter
This Easter you can enjoy half price admission to Johnstown Castle in Wexford over the Easter Holidays.
From Saturday April 13th to Monday April 22nd.
- Adults are just €4.50
- Seniors €3.50
- Children €2
- Family ticket is just €12
Johnstown Castle are also having their annual Easter Egg Hunts from Saturday April 13th to Monday April 22nd. Participants in the Easter Egg Trail which takes place around the gardens have a choice of a mini or mega trail! The cost is €4 per trail and can be paid on the day, no need to book.
Clonakilty Park Hotel West Cork, Easter 2019 Offer
Book some family time this Easter at The Clonakilty Park Hotel in stunning West Cork. At rates from just €63 pps for B&B you can also enjoy many on-site activities including:
- Supervised indoor playzone with slides, ball pool and climbing frames
- Teen Room with all the latest tech gadgets and a pool and air hockey table.
- 20m Swimming Pool & toddler pool
- Pirate Ship Playground
- Daily kids camps with inflatable slide
- Evening entertainment including a kiddies disco
- Easter Sunday Egg Hunt with the Easter Bunny!
- Onsite 3 screen cinema and high ropes adventure centre with ziplines & climbing wall.
Easter Offers at Mounty Wolseley Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort, Carlow
This Easter break 2019 a 2 night stay with B&B for all the family & dinner on one evening for adults with access to the Woolie Bear kids club and dinner for kids on one evening starts from just €324.
The Mount Wolseley Easter Hotel Package Includes:
- 2 nights Bed & Breakfast and Four Course Dinner on one evening for adults
- Full Irish Breakfast for all the family
- Four Course Dinner for Adults on one evening
- “Woolie Bear” Dinner for children on one evening min age 4
- “Woolie Bear” Children’s Easter Activity Club included during your stay min age 4
- Complimentary access to the soft play room and the family den, complete with a TV, DVD, soft play mats, toys, colouring equipment and books, microwave and a bottle sterilizing unit.
- Complimentary use of the Teen Zone, complete with X-box 360, Football Table, Wii, Table Tennis, Pool Table, TVs, Music Systems and WiFi.
- Complimentary access to the outdoor playground with Zipwire, swings, and slide.
- Complimentary use of the leisure centre with heated pool and children’s’ pool.
- The Mount Wolseley Easter Kids Club also runs from Saturday April 13th to Saturday April 27th and has a morning and evening program of events to suit all ages.
You can also avail of Easter discounts on self catering at the Mount Wolseley Resort Houses with the benefits of the hotel facilities. Prices start at just €624 for a 3 night stay in a 4 bedroom house sleeping up to 7 people
You might also like reading 30 Easy Household Tips to Save Money
Easter Offers to Tempt Families at Castleknock Hotel, Dublin
Castleknock Hotel is quite simply the perfect Dublin family hotel. The award-winning modern 4 star hotel is set in lush grounds beside the Phoenix Park. Located just 15 minutes from Dublin city centre, it feels like a world away from the bustle of the city with its tranquil countryside setting. Enjoy great family rates this Easter 2019 with the added bonus of a family pass to either Dublin Zoo or Tayto Park.
The hotel has a range of amenities that are popular with families; an 18-hole golf course, award-winning restaurants and welcoming bars, outdoor BBQ area, 18 metre pool, sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi, children’s pool area and children’s playground, it’s everything that could be required from a great family hotel.
Prices start from just €240 all in for 2 adults and 2 children and include:
- Bed & Breakfast for all
- 1 family pass to either Dublin Zoo or Tayto Park
- Complimentary use of the leisure centre including an 18m pool and a children’s pool
- Complimentary use of the playground
Find out what our parent reviewer thought of Castleknock Hotel when she stayed there with her family for St Patrick’s Weekend.
Easter Family Offer at The Connacht Hotel, Galway
This Easter The Connacht Hotel in Galway is offering an action-packed 2-night break with breakfast each morning and dinner on one evening for the whole family! You can also avail of a 3-night offer with breakfast each morning and dinner on two evenings for the family, while the kids can enjoy their fantastic fun-filled kids club on these packages at no extra cost.
Easter Breaks at The Connacht from 12-27 April from €350 per room. Choose from two and three nights packages to include:
- Bed & Breakfast each day.
- Family Dinner on One Evening.
- Full use of Leisure Centre and 20m Swimming Pool.
- Access to the ‘Friendly Fellows’ Kids Club and schedule of activities.
Ways to Earn Money From Home
Shop and Scan
In return they get points which can be traded in for vouchers.
You might like trying our 52 Week Saving Challenge to Net Yourself 500
AnPost Smart Account
If you shop regularly at Lidl spending over €25 a time when you shop there then you should consider the AnPost Smart Account. It’s a current account with debit card and it gives you cash back on purchases with Lidl (5% cashback on purchases over €25), Elvery’s (20% cashback), SSE Airtricity (10% back when paying by Direct Debit) and other partners. The cash back earned in one month is paid into your account the next month. NB there is a €10 a month account fee so do take that into consideration when calculating what you’d get back.
Over to you now. Have you tried any of these ways to save money or earn money at home? Any other ones to share? Tell us in the comments below.