Depending on your child’s age and the weight of their books, their school bag needs will vary – from novelty school bags when younger, to sturdy school bags with good back support and capacity as they get older. There’s plenty of choice, but how can you be sure the bag you buy will last from one school year to the next, and provide the proper back support for your kids? Here are 7 Best School Bags Recommended by Parents.
- Straight-cut padded shoulder strap
- One large main compartment
- Front Utility pocket with organiser keeps essentials handy
- 2/3 padded back panel for cushioning comfort
- Web haul loop
“Jansport bags are great, can be thrown in the washing machine, have one for the last 5 years!” – Sandra
“Jansport, incredibly durable and comfortable” – Trish
You may also like 10 Tips for School Bag Safety
- Adjustable Padded Straps
- Front Zippered Pocket
- Side Holders for Water Bottles
- Large Main Compartment
Easons Online have a small range of Ridgeway School bags including this Blue Backpack for €33.99.
“My daughter has used a Ridgeway School Bag for the last two years and we have found it to be great and hard wearing – another few years still left in it too!” – Michelle
You may also like – 16 Money Saving Tips For Back To School
- Top handle to carry, along with adjustable shoulder straps
- Large main compartment
- 2 Side Pockets
- Zippered Front Pocket
- Reflective Logo for added safety in the dark
This Highlander Odyssey Daypack has:
- Adjustable Straps
- Padded Back Support
- Large Main Compartment
- 2 side pockets
- It comes in a range of different colours.
“My daughter has a Highlander school bag with foam padded backing and adjustable straps for the last 2 school years, and it has proved to be hard wearing and comfortable” – Marie
You may also like – 5 of The Best Lunchboxes recommended by Parents
#5. Novelty Angry Birds Rucksack from M&S
- Comfortable, adjustable straps
- A handy front pocket
- Wipe Clean
This super stylish rucksack can be ordered online today.
#6. Ridge 53
- Foam Back Panel and Shoulder Straps for Added Comfort
- Zipped Pockets on both sides
- Integrated Waterproof Raincover
- Reinforced Easy Lift Top Handle
- Interior Organiser Pockets
- Secure and Durable zips
- Triple Stitching at all Stress Points
“The Ridge 53 bags are very comfortable and well padded – my daughter has had her one for last 2 years and plenty more years left in the bag still! Love the integrated raincover, and there are plenty of pockets/compartments and a handy bottle holder pocket” – Elizabeth
Available on Amazon.co.uk £34.99.
You may also like Tips to Make School Mornings Easier
#7. IKEA UPPTÄCKA Backpack
– Extra protection for your laptop in a separate padded compartment.
– You can organise your things and find them quickly since there are several separate compartments and a snap-hook for keys.
“We bought the Ikea one which is padded (I think it’s actually for laptops) very durable, it’s looking like new still” – Elis
Check out our Back To School Section for more great money saving tips and offers
Have you found a great school bag not on our list? Let us know in the comments box below.