Looking for a way to keep your kids sharp over the summer? Want a little help in getting a head start on the next school year? Or maybe you’re looking for some screen time options that are positive and stimulating.
Brain Chase is a 5-week online summer learning challenge disguised as a massive global treasure hunt that does all of that and more. By doing an hour of online academic work through our curriculum partners, kids unlock animated episodes that lead to the location of a real-life buried treasure.
Brain Chase is a motivating way to make self-directed, online summer learning in core academic subjects fun and memorable from anywhere! For 5 weeks starting June 22, 2015, kids ages 6 to 16 do an hour of online academic work through our curriculum partners (such as Khan Academy, Rosetta Stone and Google Books) and weekly bonus challenges using adventure tools sent through the mail.
These completed tasks unlock animated webisodes featuring intrepid kid archeologists on the hunt for buried treasure. But the buried treasure is real – buried somewhere around the world in the ground – and the first student to use the animated clues and identify its location gets to travel to dig it up.
Watch the 2014 Brain Chase digging up their treasure!
The 2015 Brain Chase challenge is to find the Sunstone of Cortés, a mysterious calendar stolen from the Aztec empire by Hernan Cortés in the 1500s. Kids join Mae Merriweather, her brother Max, athletic Sean Drake, and nemesis-turned-ally Savannah Bryce in finding the fictional Sunstone of Cortés… and the real one!
For $199 ($100 for siblings), Brain Chasers receive:
- 5 weeks of personalized learning challenges on external math and reading sites like Rosetta Stone, Khan Academy and Google Books
- Weekly writing exercises with feedback from credentialed teaching professionals (optional)
- Weekly language exercises in your chosen language (optional)
- Weekly progress reports emailed directly to parents
- Exclusive access to an original animated adventure series loaded with hidden puzzles and clues
- 3 adventure tools mailed to your home separately during the 5-week course (shown here)
- Participation in a massive global treasure hunt for a golden trophy containing the key to a safe deposit box holding a $10,000 scholarship
Don’t miss out register today!
*Restrictions: The treasure hunt is open to children who are legal U.S. residents of 48 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding U.S. territories, Colorado, and Maryland due to state laws), or residents of Mexico, the United Kingdom, Ireland, or Canada (excluding Quebec). Students younger than six or older than sixteen as of June 22, 2015 are ineligible to claim the treasure. Learning is the real treasure. Individuals subject to any of these restrictions may still participate in the summer learning challenge, and will still be recognized on our site (and maybe more) if they correctly identify the treasure’s location.