Riverfest Limerick 2017 is due to take place over the May Bank Holiday Weekend, Friday April 28th to Monday May 1st. We talked to the organisers to get the Inside Scoop on what events will take place and why families should visit.
What Is Riverfest Limerick?
Set to be the city’s premier summer festival, Riverfest aims to showcase all that is great about Limerick. Highlights will include:
- The Maldron Hotel Riverfest on the Shannon will feature action packed water activities and events to wow crowds on Saturday & Sunday.
- The Riverfest BBQ Competition, Ireland’s largest BBQ cook-off competition, will take place on Saturday at Honan’s Quay. There will be plenty of samples on offer as teams compete to win the honour of representing Ireland at the WBBQA European Championships which will take place in Limerick in October 2017.
- The Riverfestival village in Arthur’s Quay Park will host an array of artisan food stalls, craft stalls, musicians and vintage amusements promising fun for all the family at this continental style market.
- The festival hosts a spectacular Fireworks Display on Sunday evening. Crowds can watch the sky come alive with an explosion of colours from 10.15pm.
- Fashion Friday will be held in Arthur’s Quay Shopping Centre in association with Riverfest and the Holman Lee Agency and will showcase fashion from Limerick stores and designers in 2 unique fashion shows.
- Come along and help Sculpt-A-River-Beast at the Hunt Museum on Saturday from 12pm to 3pm.
- The 6th Barringtons Hospital Great Limerick Run will take place around the streets of Limerick on Sunday. There is an event for everyone from serious runners to family fun runners, with a marathon, half marathon, marathon relay and a 6 mile event.
See the highlights from last year!
Click here for a full list of events and times and how to take part.
Who is Riverfest Limerick For?
Riverfest Limerick is a mecca for families, foodies, serious and fun runners and watersport enthusiasts.
Why is Riverfest Limerick Different?
Riverfest is different from other festivals as it takes advantage of Limerick’s position on the Shannon to offer water and land based events and activities suitable for all ages. It also boasts the back drop of the spectacular King John’s Castle which will host music events and will be lit up with the fireworks on Sunday night.
Sum up Riverfest Limerick in 5 Words?
Four Fun Days in Limerick