11. Water Science Experiments
Expand water play and learn and experiment with some everyday objects around the house.
Image via Creative Connections for Kids
12. Outdoor Games
Play your way through these outdoor games. The games will be enjoyed by children of all ages (I’m sure you will have some adults who are keen to give them a go too!)
- Name Hunt – Messy Little Monster
- Tin Can Toss Game – Crafts by Courtney
- Sponge Darts – The Seasoned Mom
- Bowling – Learn Play Imagine
- Gigantic Car Track Name – Adventures of Adam
- A Zillion things to do with Pool Noodles – Moms and Crafters
13. Mud Kitchen
From making cakes and pies to simply getting messy, Messy Little Monster shows us how to put a very simple mud kitchen together. If you prefer a ‘cleaner’ option you could always make your very own Rainbow Clean Mud like You Clever Monkey, or get mark making with some colourful Mud Paint, like Learn Play Imagine.
14. Ice Play
Kids love activities with ice and it also gives learning opportunities as you discuss the science behind ice. Get some inspiration from these great ideas:
- Ice Painting – Learning and Exploring Through Play
- Colour Mixing with Ice – Learn Play Imagine
- Frozen Rainbow – Learning and Exploring Through Play
- Frozen Rainbow Eruptions – Learn Play Imagine
15. Make a Kite and Fly it
We recently took a trip to a local toy store and Little N really wanted a £2 Frozen kite that she saw hanging up. We took it out with us that evening as we visited the park and I was pleasantly suprised at just how much fun we all had flying it! It is probably the best £2 I have ever spent.
Imagine designing and creating your very own? Older children especially would love this kite challenge from Red Ted Art! Here is a great read before you go out flying your kite – Get Outside and Connect by Rhythms of Play
Image via Red Ted Art
16. Gardening with Toddlers
Have you planted your own seeds this year? If not get yourself down to a garden centre and select some plants with your little ones. Enjoy planting up beautiful pots to decorate your gardens. You could even make a personalized flower pot gift, like this one from Messy Little Monster.
Image via Learning & Exploring Though Play
17. Art That’s Perfect for Outdoors
There are so many fun ways to experiment with art. Some art can get pretty messy so take it outdoors! You can’t beat the freedom to get creative!
- Dip Dye Art – You Clever Monkey
- Chalk Painting – Crafts by Courtney
- Make your own crayons for your art work – Mama Smiles
- Painting on Foil – Learning and Exploring Through Play
- Canvas Painting – Arts Crackers
18. Summer Crafts
Do you have children who love to create and make things? From boats to fairies to suncatchers, here’s a fun list of crafts to work your way through, during the Summer months:
- Rainbow Jelly Fish – Crafts by Amanda
- Flower Fairies – Childhood 101
- Melted Bead Suncatchers – Learning and Exploring Through Play
- Sea Crab Cups – Crafts by Amanda
- Fruity Plates – Crafts by Amanda
- Coloured Shape Boats – Danya Banya
19. Super Messy Sensory Play
We love Sensory Play over on our blog, once the weather starts getting warmer it’s great being able to take the super messy play outdoors. With a quick blast of the hose or a sweep with the brush, all the mess is gone! Here are some super messy play ideas that are perfect to take outdoors in Summer.
- Shaving Foam Painting Tuff Tray – Learning and Exploring Through Play
- Soapy Slime – Learning 4 Kids
- Cornflour – Learning and Exploring Through Play
- Lemon Scented Sensory Bin – Little Bins for Little Hands
- Erupting Moon Dust – Learn Play Imagine
You may also like 7 Simple Sensory Box Ideas
Over to you! Any more summer activities to add to list? Let us know in comments below.