We are not graced with many beaches in Dublin South! However the few we have are lovely! Our favourites are Sandycove, Killiney and Sandymount. Their are many more gorgeous beaches within reasonable driving distance. Our northside neighbours boast stunning sandy strands at Portmarnock, Donabate, Sutton and Malahide and the hours drive to Co Wicklow and the beaches at Silver Strand and Brittas are well worth the drive.
Take a look at our Summer Picnic Ideas.
– Sandcastle contest“
– Limbo dancing
– Beachball/frisbee tournament
– Who can bury a person fastest in the sand
– Seashell races. Each person finds a seashell, then everyone lines their seashell right at the water’s edge where the waves lap up on the beach, when the next wave comes in, whoever’s shell moves the farthest wins.
– Treasure Hunt
– Beach bowling. Bring a ball, make the pins out of sand.
– Fly a kite
– Take a magnifying glass to inspect shells and other beach finds.
– Have a picnic
– Beach bowling. Take along a ball, make pins out of sand.
– Towels and spare clothes
– Baby wipes are so handy, even with older kids.
– Beach toys such as bucket and spade, frisbee, beachball
– Chilly Bin (or cooler), with plenty of ice to keep food and drink cool.
– Plastic bags (for rubbish and wet clothes)
– Beach chairs, beach umbrella
– Radio/CD player
– The Sun helps!