Easter Activities in Kildare
Easter Sunday, Domhnach Cásca, falls on 8th April this year. The Easter school holidays for most schools run from 30th March – 16th April. As they are fast approaching, we've put together a list of fun things to do with the kids! If the weather is good, it's a great opportunity for families to get outdoors. And even if it isn't, we hope there is something here to inspire you!
Easter Camps and Workshops
- Jamies Stafford Tennis Academy(JSTA) Easter Camps – Kilcock
- Children's Art Workshop at Caragh Nurseries – Sat 14th April at 2pm.
- FAI Aviva Soccer Sisters Easter Camp – Week1 Newbridge, Week 2 Kilcock.
- Kill International Equestrian Centre – 3rd – 6th April & 10th – 13th April.
- Maynooth Equestrian Centre – 3rd – 6th April & 10th – 13th April.
- FitKids Active Camp – Naas 2nd – 6th April & Newbridge 10th – 13th April.
- Easter Frog Fun Camp – Bog of Allen Nature Centre – 7th April. 10am – 1pm.
- Playball Camp – 10th-13th April, Clane
- Riverbank Theatre, Newbridge are hosting some camps over the Easter holidays, some more suited for the older kids.
Easter Make & Do Ideas
Make a special Easter Cake!! The children will love it!
Easter Family Fun
- "Grow Your Own" Family Workshops at Caragh Nurseries – Fortnightly starting 31st March. Perfect for all the Family.
- Illustrators exhibition, curated by Julia Donaldson, opens at Riverbank on 31st March, with a Fancy Dress tea-party at 3pm. Come dressed as your favourite Julia Donaldson Character for chance to win some prizes.
- Lambing Live at Causey Farm – 1st – 15th April.
- Easter Egg Hunt at Donadea Forest in aid of IAA – Sunday 1st April
- Concert of Disney Songs at Moat Theatre – Sun 1st April
- National Dog Walk Easter Monday 5k walk in aid of the Carers Association
- Lullymore Heritage Park Easter Egg Hunt – 7th – 13th April.
- Castletown House, Celbridge – Family workshops resume on Sunday 1st April, and Children's Tours take place over the Easter Holidays, from 3rd to 15th April.
- Easter Sunday Parade, Naas – starts at 2:45pm. Fun Day out for all the family.
- Stonebrook Pet Farm – Open Easter Saturday to Monday. Easter Egg Hunt on Sat & Sun.
- Caragh Open Farm – reopens Monday 2nd April.
As always we will continue to update our events listings as hear of more, so check back regularly!
Other Fun Ideas
Looking for some inspiration for your Easter Egg Hunt? Read some suggestions here
Some ideas when outside: Fun Nature Activities for kids
Thinking of a break away with the Family
If you are thinking of heading away for a break, then check out some of the great deals at Family Friendly Accommodation around Ireland. And for the first time, we have featured accommodation that caters for families with more than 2 kids!
Happy Easter! And, as always, feel free to contact us if you have something else to add.
And something to make you smile!