FOR 2013 EASTER ACTIVITIES CLICK HERE
Easter Activities in Kilkenny
Easter Sunday, Domhnach Cásca, falls on the 8th of April this year. The Easter school holidays for most schools run from 30th March – 16th April. As they are fast approaching, we've put together a list of fun things to do! If the weather is good, it's a great opportunity for families to get outdoors. And even if it isn't, we hope there is something here to inspire you!
Easter Camps and Workshops for kids
If you are thinking of booking a camp for your child, have a look here for Kilkenny Easter camp ideas.
Easter Family Fun
- March 30th – April 30th: The first ever Kilkenny Walking Festival (some free events)
- March 31st & April 2nd: Easter Egg Hunts at Nore Valley Park, Bennettsbridge
- April 4th-6th: Easter Workshop in Market Cross Shopping Centre, Kilkenny City (free)
- April 8th – 14th: Little Shop of Horrors show, presented by Kilkenny Musical Society, at The Watergate Theatre, Kilkenny
- April 8th: Easter Fun Run/Walk in aid of St. Lachtain's GAA club, Freshford
- April 9th: Petmania National Dog Walk in aid of the Carers Association, Kilkenny Retail Park
- April 11th: Easter Art Workshop at Castlecomer Library (free)
- April 13th: Easter Craft Workshop at the City Library (free)
- April 15th: Fun Run/Jog/Walk in Kilkenny Castle Park
Have a look at our event listings for other fun family events & activities. We will be adding to these too as we hear of others over the next few weeks.
Other Fun Ideas
Looking for some inspiration for your Easter Egg Hunt? Read some suggestions here
Some ideas when outside: Fun Nature Activities for kids
Hope it's sunny enough for a picnic!
Easter Make & Do Ideas
Try our Easter Make & Do projects:
Make a special Easter Chocolate Cake!! The children will love it!
If are you thinking of heading away for the break?? Check out some great deals at Family Friendly Getaways that we recommend around Ireland! More deals too in our first ever Family Breaks feature for families with more than 2 kids.
Have fun and enjoy Easter! And, as always, feel free to contact us if you have something else to add.