We asked Mykidstime Parents to tell us their thoughts on spending Family Time together in our Bord Na Móna Big Family Craicle Survey. And there were some very interesting results along with some great family night in ideas!
- 77% of those surveyed spend a night in together as a family once a week, but almost half of us wish we could make spending family time together a more regular occurrence.
- Almost a third of us keep a fire lighting all year round when spending family night together
- Our survey shows that 36% of the nation now schedule in one night a week for ‘family time’. Almost a fifth of those surveyed are struggling to spend more time together as a family, but a further 14% admit to finding their lives are too busy to guarantee regular quality family time.
- A sign of times, our survey found that nearly a third believed both parents now equally instigate ‘family time’ in the household.
- Nearly a fifth of all families (19%) are finding the pressures of work and long hours are impeding on ‘family time’ in the home. This is closely followed by a combination of TV and games consoles (19%) and the dividing impact of technology in the home (11%) acting as barriers to ‘family time’ .
- 40% of us believe that ultimate family nights involves a crackling fire.
- Over a fifth of those surveyed believe traditional board games are integral to a perfect family night in.
- Movie nights in remain a family favourite, with a quarter of all respondents admitting to believing a movie is the perfect way to spend quality ‘family time’ together.
Here are some great links to help you with family night in ideas:
Throughout the winter months The Big Family Craicle will be calling out to families to share what they are doing and to spend fun lively time together through its facebook page facebook.com/bordnamonafuels.