A weekend of free family fun and events is just on the horizon as SeaFest 2017 takes place in Galway city from 30 June to 2 July. We caught up with the organisers to get the inside scoop on what events are taking place at this FREE Family Fun Festival, which attracted more than 60,000 visitors in 2016 and is set to make an even bigger splash this year!
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
What is SeaFest?
SeaFest is Ireland’s national maritime festival and takes place over three days (30th June to 2nd July) in Galway city. It’s a free event and has quickly become one of the most popular summer festivals in Ireland.
Galway Harbour will be transformed into an ‘open air sea world’ for the three-day festival with a host of family friendly entertainment and attractions on the water and off including;
- PowerFly’s world champion flyboarders will perform stunning aerial acrobatics.
- There will be a veritable flotilla of ships, many of which are open for public tours.
- The famous tall ship, The Phoenix, will be there throughout the festival.
- Enjoy exhibits on marine life.
- Fun educational activities that bring children on a journey of discovery when it comes to the mysteries of the ocean.
- Foodies can get tips from seafood cookery experts and sample some tasty bites.
Who is SeaFest for?
SeaFest is for everyone – all ages are catered for and it’s the perfect festival for families or friends to come along to enjoy.
Why is SeaFest Different?
SeaFest creates awareness of our maritime heritage and celebrates the amazing ways that our seas and oceans enrich our lives.
Expect to learn more about our marine environment and be entertained in the beautiful surroundings of Galway harbour.
And of course, entry is free!
Tell us in 5 words why we should visit SeaFest 2017?
Fun, free, educational and entertaining!