FREE FREE FREE, yes FREE ways to entertain the kiddies! Here’s a list of great ideas for free family things to do in Dublin North, places where kids can play free and ideas for things to do when bored. And for more ideas for the southside, check out our Free Things to Do with Kids in Dublin page too.
- Visit the Hugh Lane Gallery. Great Kids club with Art and Sketching Workshops or have a browse around the many exhibitions and collections. Best of all admission is free!
- Draiocht, a centre for Arts in the heart of Blanchardstown, is bound to be a hit with the kids. There are regular ‘free family days’ to be taken advantage of.
- The National Museum of Ireland – Decorative Arts & History holds regular family events to excite the whole family such as Themed Tours and workshops which will not only interest but educate our children.
- When was the last time you visited your local library? The majority of the libraries in Dublin North have a junior library. Go and read with the children or take part in many of the free events and activities that take place which can include toddler groups, art classes, book clubs, storytelling etc. All for FREE!
- There are many park and gardens in North Dublin. Three in particular spring to mind: Botanic Gardens, St Anne’s Park and the Garden of Remembrance. They are free, historical and the Botanic Gardens in particular regularly holds free events for children.
- Take a picnic and the kids of course to your local beach! I know our Irish weather is not exactly hot, hot, hot but you would be surprised at how many activities you can undertake with your little ones at the beach even on a cold winter’s day it will blow the cobwebs away.
- North Dublin has plenty of playgrounds, here are a few of our favourite Playgrounds on the Northside.
- Use your bus pass or dart pass or hop in the car to take a trip out and about with the kids.
- Free Events…there are a huge amount happening all around. From Food markets to Nature Trails to Art Workshops. Check out our events section for more information. (to bookmark press Ctrl + D)
Have you got a favourite free thing to do with the kids in North Dublin? Share it with us in the comments below.