We like Leisureland for its big child-friendly pool plus pirate ship and slides. Other pools where you can go as a non-member are the Kingfisher Club at Renmore and Aura Leisure Centre in Tuam.
Book browsing in Galway City
- Eason’s (children’s books and magazines)
- Dubray Books (good children’s section)
- Charlie Byrne’s in Middle Street (a more unusual selection of children’s books in the kids section in bottom half of the shop)
- Charlie Byrne’s Oranmore Business Park (open Saturdays only)
- Book Exchange, bottom of Lower Abbeygate Street (second hand books)
- Enable Ireland and other charity shops
- And of course, can’t forget the libraries, most libraries have weekly story times.
Welly Nature Hunt
Stick on the raincoats and wellies and head out for a walk in the neighbourhood to see how many worms, leaves, twigs, different types of grass, birds, animals you can spot. When you get back inside, get the kids to draw what they saw, send their drawings in to us and we’ll post the best up on our Nature page.
A great way to pass a couple of hours, even the younger kids can join in. Plus, most bowling venues have other entertainment on-site, e.g. City Limits, Oranmore or Leisureworld, Galway Shopping Centre.
© Mykidstime Ltd 2007