Have you been looking for easy ideas for crafts for kids at home? Making Leaf Rubbings is a fun, simple project and one to add to your list for activities for toddlers if you have a preschooler in the house, as they will love collecting the leaves and using the crayons.
You will need:
- Selection of different leaves
- Pencils or crayons
- Put a sheet of paper over a leaf
- Rub a pencil or crayon over where the leaf is underneath and you will start to see the outline of the leaf appear on the paper
- Experiment with different types and colours of pencils or crayons (NB pens don’t really work) and different leave shapes
- You can use this method to see what kinds of patterns are product by different objects, flat ones are best
Related : Lots more ideas in 50 Fun Indoor Activities for Kids
Have you tried Leaf Rubbings before? Tell us in the comment box below!