Baboró 2017 International Arts Festival For Children is taking place in Galway from October 16th to 22nd. The festival celebrates its 21st birthday this year and wants all families to come along and enjoy the fun, colour and magic that will be on offer with world class performances in dance, theatre, music, visual arts and literature from across the globe. There really is something for every member of the family to discover and enjoy.
Baboró 2017 Festival Highlights
Programme highlights for the Baboró 2017 festival include:
- The Peter Pan Experience, (ages 7+), a quirky, high-energy show about rediscovering the joys of play
- Bounce (ages 7+), a sensitive and funny dance show featuring live music with plenty of climbing, playing, dancing and singing
- Strange Feathers (ages 18mths – 4) mixing contemporary dance, aerial dance and live music in an engaging performance for the very young
- Theatre Lovett present They Called her Vivaldi (ages 7+), an upbeat comedy-adventure about a sensitive musical-prodigy.
- Catching Waves (all ages), a vibrant performance from some of the most talented young musicians and dancers in the West of Ireland with joyful music from Sym-Phonic Waves and dancers from Youth Ballet West.
- The Imagination Playground (ages 3 – 10yrs), is a child-centered space encouraging self-expression through free play and will keep the kids busy
Also planned are a host of literary and visual arts events and creative workshops for families to be part of the action. Check out the full programme now.
Special Relaxed Performances at Baboró 2017
For those parents who may be concerned about bringing their child to the theatre for the first time, or have children with special or sensory needs, Baboró’s special Relaxed Performances aim to provide a comfortable and supportive atmosphere for children and their families to enjoy the shows.
This year there are four productions with relaxed performances:
The Baboró team look forward to extending a warm Baboró welcome to you and your family this year.