With the summer fast approaching, families are on the lookout for Summer Camps for Kids in Galway for this summer 2019. We have rounded up a few Summer Camps in Galway that we think will be great fun and will keep the kids entertained over the summer months.
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
Summer Camps for Kids in Galway
Delphi Adventure Summer Camps, Leenane, Co. Galway
Give your kids a fun-filled experience they’ll never forget. Is there anything your kids love more than an adventure? There’s no playground in the world that can match what Ireland’s great outdoors has to offer. With over 35 years of experience, Delphi have developed Adventure Camps to nurture and encourage children and teenagers to:
- support one another
- work in teams
- develop their self-confidence
- grow in self-belief through adventure in the outdoors.
With this in mind there is no doubt that Delphi Resort will be an unforgettable experience that your child will carry with them into the future. Campers will get to experience an array of challenging and fun activities in what is one of the most beautiful adventure playgrounds in Ireland.
So why not let your kids (aged 8-17 years) ‘go wild’ in a safe and full supervised environment for up to a week at Ireland’s leading adventure resort? Send them for a few days away and you could be looking at the next Bear Grylls or future BMX biking champ.
They will be zip-lining, climbing, kayaking, and much more while making lifetime memories and new friendships. For added peace of mind, you can rest assured knowing that safety is paramount at Delphi Resort. Your kids will be fed and watered 3 times a day and given all the safety equipment they need – at no extra cost to you. 24 hour supervision is provided by fully trained and qualified staff who have been Garda vetted.
Adventure Camps will run on selected dates from 7th July – 11th August 2019, and you can choose from a 7, 5 or 3 day residential camp or just book in for one day. Click hereto book now*! Or call +353 (0)95 42208 for more information.
Recommended Reading: Top Summer Camps for Kids in Ireland
STARCAMP Drama & Multi-Activity Summer Camps, Nationwide
STARCAMP camps promise the absolute best, most exciting and varied Summer camp experience to date and you will not want your child to miss it. The theme for 2019 is Comedy!
Camps are for boys and girls aged 4 to 12 years and are so much more than a performing arts camps. Born from a desire to instil confidence in children, STARCAMP offers a mind blowing array of activities for both boys and girls including:
- Starcamp games & activities
- Starcamp arts & crafts with an imaginative twist!
- Fun kids news & weather reporting
- And of course singing, dancing and drama.
- A Friday finale showcase where all are welcome.
All STARCAMPERS receive a free t-shirt, star award, arts and crafts and some surprises too.
Camps last 5 days and take place around the country from 9.30 am to 2.30pm daily and do fill up quickly. So BOOK YOUR PLACE TODAY. Or call 021 4377900 for more information.
Planet Science Kidz STEAM Summer Camps
Planet Science Kidz STEAM Science Summer Camps are for ages 5-12. Planet Science Summer Camps enable children to explore different topics in Science. Children will gain hands on scientific experience exploring topics that include but are not limited to Biology, Chemistry, Physics & Geology.
Although primarily located in the West of Ireland & the Midlands, Planet Science brings science at your door step NATIONWIDE!
Topics Covered Include:
- Physics (Magnetic Fields, Liquid Density, Electric circuits, conductors, insulators)
- Chemistry (Test tube Science, Acid Base Reactions, Rocket Launch, Slimy Polymers, Water filtration)
- Biology (Microscopes, plant & animal cells, Insect Structure, Biology of Blood, Capillary action)
- Geology ( Volcanoes, Tornadoes)
Limited places available. Booking in advance is highly advised to avoid disappointment!
Week Long Camp Locations:
- Oughterard, Co Galway – July 22nd – 26th 10am – 2pm €115 per child
- Loughrea, Co Galway – 5th – 9th August 10am – 2pm – €100 per child
- Monivea Rd., Galway – 19th – 23rd August 10am – 2pm – €115 per child
Science Summer Camps with Junior Einsteins
Junior Einsteins run hands on science summer camps at multiple locations in Leinster including Dublin, Wicklow, Meath & Kildare. Children get to make and take home something most days including their own slime, fossils, model gliders, rainbow glasses and more! They wear Lab coats and goggles and take part in outdoor fun too including; Bug Hunts, Rocket Races, Dinosaur Digs. All camps are run by qualified scientists who have been Garda vetted and are fully insured.
Camps are suitable for children aged 6 to 11 years and run from Monday to Friday 9am to 2pm daily.
Dates & Locations for Galway 2019 Junior Einsteins Summer Camps coming soon!
How to Book: Online at www.junioreinsteinsscienceclub.com click ‘Book Camp’ Cost €145 per week.
Camps fill up fast so please book early to avoid disappointment
Learn-It Lego Education Summer Camps (6+ yrs)
Learn It Lego Education Summer Camps cover a variety of different themes such as Robotics, Mechanics Engineering, Construction, Science and Creativity. Camps are taking place in different locations in Galway City and County this Summer 2019.
GAP (Galway Autism Partnership) Summer Camps for Kids & Teens
Galway Autism Partnership is a community based-charity that provides supports for individuals and families living with autism in Galway city and county. For the past 7 years, GAP has offered high-quality, safe and accessible Summer Camps to members aged 3 – 17 years.
GAP aims to offer a wide range of accessible and inclusive Summer Camps for children and young people with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their siblings throughout Galway city and county.
All of our Camps are subject to Volunteer and Facilitator availability. Application forms are now available – contact the GAP office on 091 5888 99 or email [email protected] to request an application form.
Spaces are limited so please don’t delay!
Power Soccer Summer Camps, Galway & Mayo
Power Soccer School of Excellence provides excellent soccer coaching for boys and girls in Galway and Mayo, training indoors from September to June and outdoors for Summer Camps in July and August.
Boys and girls aged 3yrs up can join Power Soccer School of Excellence! The Little Kickers camp is for 3-4 yrs and runs Mon-Fri from 12 – 2 pm. The Mini Kickers is for 5-6 yrs and runs Mon-Fri from 10 am – 12 pm. The Main Camps are for 6+yrs, and run from 10 am-2 pm Mon-Fri.
Other Fun Summer Camps for Kids in Galway.
- Athletics Ireland offer kids the opportunity to come along and try a range of fun athletics activities in July and August. Camps run in Dublin, Mayo, Cork, Donegal, Kilkenny, Louth, Carlow, Waterford, Tipperary, Meath and Galway.
- FAI Summer Soccer School and Kelloggs GAA Cul Camps take place in every county in Ireland
- Let’s Go! offer Multi Activity Summer Camps nationwide during the months of June, July and August for children aged five to thirteen years. Camps run Monday to Friday 9:30am to 3.30pm daily.
- Whizzkids Discover IT Summer Camps are for kids aged 8 to 17 and mix indoor and outdoor action, with sports, code breaking & web design so kids have a fun & varied day. Camps take place during July and August at NUI Galway.
- Healthy Cooking Camps for Kids at GMIT teaching children how to create healthy meals including healthy desserts. The camps are a fully hands on experience and with an ‘eat what you make’ policy no-one will go hungry.
- Bio-EXPLORERS Science Camps Have loads of fun and excitement working as a real scientist in NUI Galway. Suitable for 8-13 year-olds. This exciting and educational camp is packed with amazing and awesome activities such as bug hunting, local and exotic creepy crawlies, understanding how cells work and performing captivating scientific experiments. The camp aims to inspire an interest in science by engaging children in interactive, hands-on activities. Three dates available in July.
- Summer Sailing Camps at Galway Bay Sailing Club for children and teens run throughout the summer each day. From beginner courses providing a first taste of sailing, to advanced courses for more experienced sailors who are working thought the Irish Sailing Association (ISA) small boat sailing scheme, there is a sailing course to suit everyone. Wet gear can be provided including wetsuit and buoyancy aid.
- The Confidence Clinic Kids Summer Camps for ages 7-12 years are all about helping children to live their best life. It is 6 hours a day for 4 days – 24 hours filled with the best children’s self improvement techniques available, we will be including games, yoga, fun lessons, mindfulness and guided meditations. Most of the camp will be outdoors weather permitting.
- Toodleou Summer Camps take place at Toodleou Creativity Lab in Oranmore during July and August for 4-7 year olds, 5-10 year olds and 8-12 year olds, depending upon the week. Spend the day exploring science, conducting experiments, drawing in sketchbooks, painting, sculpting, collaging and more. Bring your imagination for a week’s worth of exploration, experimentation, creation and fun!
- There’s a Social Skills Summer Camp presented by Ostrich Drama Company focusing on promoting Social skills through the Arts with Music, Art, Drama & Dance. The camp caters for ages 8 – 12 and usually takes place at Mervue Boy’s School in July & August.
- Brigit’s Garden run fun nature and survival Summer Camps for children ages 5 to 12 years. The camps take place during July & August.
- Bricks 4 Kidz teaches Science, Technology Engineering and Maths (STEM) using LEGO. They have a number of camp options around Ireland depending on age and location.
- STARCAMP is aimed at all boys and girls aged 4-12, and it is so much more than a performing arts camp. It takes place at locations around the country.
Tips for Summer Camps
Mykidstime is run by parents and we have also compiled our Top 10 Tips for Summer Camps, based on our experience! Things like checking whether they need a drink or snack with them or what the procedure is at pick up time. Each camp provider should have a child protection policy in place. Ask other parents for opinions on camps if it’s your child’s first summer camp year.