Are you planning ahead for the summer holidays? Are you on the lookout for Summer Camps in Galway for Kids and Teens for this summer 2021? We have rounded up a few Summer Camps in Galway that we think will be great fun and will keep your child or teen entertained over the summer months.
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
Start planning your summer with some of these fantastic summer camps around Galway for kids and teens. From science and robotics to sports, drama and more – there’s something for everyone!
2021 may still be different as some providers move their camps online and other providers cancel their summer camps programs altogether. Please check providers website and Facebook page for updates.
Summer Camps in Galway for Kids and Teens
STARCAMP Drama & Multi-Activity Summer Camps, Galway
STARCAMP with Gala Retail will run Summer Camps from the 28th June to 20th August 2021. Camps are for boys and girls aged 4 to 12 years and are so much more than a performing arts camps. Born from a desire to instil confidence in children, STARCAMP offers a mind blowing array of activities for both boys and girls. This Summer they are also offering an online “STARCAMP SUMMER CLUB!” over 6 weeks with 1 new show per week from July 1st and a different theme each week which can be watched any time of the day or night once you become a member.
Learn-It Lego Education Summer Camps
Learn It Lego Education Summer Camps cover a variety of different themes such as Robotics, Mechanics Engineering, Construction, Science and Creativity. Camps take place at various locations throughout each city and county.
They have 3 different camps: Junior Engineers (6-8yrs) summer camps, Senior Engineers Summer Camps (9-12yrs) and Senior Robotics Summer Camps (11+ yrs).
GAP (Galway Autism Partnership) Summer Camps for Kids & Teens
Galway Autism Partnership is a community based-charity that provides supports for individuals and families living with autism in Galway city and county. For the past 7 years, GAP has offered high-quality, safe and accessible Summer Camps to members aged 3 – 17 years.
GAP aims to offer a wide range of accessible and inclusive Summer Camps for children and young people with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their siblings throughout Galway city and county.
All of our Camps are subject to Volunteer and Facilitator availability. Application forms are now available – contact the GAP office on 091 5888 99 or email [email protected] to request an application form.
Spaces are limited so please don’t delay!
Power Soccer Summer Camps, Galway
Power Soccer School of Excellence provides excellent soccer coaching for boys and girls in Galway, training indoors from September to June and outdoors for Summer Camps in July and August.
Boys and girls aged 3yrs up can join Power Soccer School of Excellence! The Little Kickers camp is for 3-4 yrs and runs Mon-Fri from 12 – 2 pm. The Mini Kickers is for 5-6 yrs and runs Mon-Fri from 10 am – 12 pm. The Main Camps are for 6+yrs, and run from 10 am-2 pm Mon-Fri.
Anyone4Science Summer Camps, Galway
Anyone4Science are running online and in person science summer camps for kids aged 4-13 years and teens (1st-3rd year). Learn about the states of matter, viscosity, solar energy, light and sound, forensics and rocket science.
Other Fun Summer Camps for Kids in Galway
- Athletics Ireland offer kids the opportunity to come along and try a range of fun athletics activities in July and August.
- FAI Summer Soccer School and Kelloggs GAA Cul Camps take place across Galway city and county.
- Let’s Go! offer Multi Activity Summer Camps for children aged five to thirteen years. Camps run Monday to Friday 9:30am to 3.30pm daily.
- Whizzkids run Discover IT Summer Camps for kids aged 8 to 17 and mix indoor and outdoor action, with sports, code breaking & web design so kids have a fun & varied day. Camps take place during July and August at NUI Galway.
- Healthy Ever After run Healthy Cooking Camps for Kids at GMIT teaching children how to create healthy meals including healthy desserts. The camps are a fully hands on experience and with an ‘eat what you make’ policy no-one will go hungry.
- Bio-EXPLORERS Science Camps Have loads of fun and excitement working as a real scientist in NUI Galway. Suitable for 8-13 year-olds. This exciting and educational camp is packed with amazing and awesome activities such as bug hunting, local and exotic creepy crawlies, understanding how cells work and performing captivating scientific experiments. The camp aims to inspire an interest in science by engaging children in interactive, hands-on activities.
- Summer Sailing Camps at Galway Bay Sailing Club for children and teens run throughout the summer each day. From beginner courses providing a first taste of sailing, to advanced courses for more experienced sailors who are working thought the Irish Sailing Association (ISA) small boat sailing scheme, there is a sailing course to suit everyone. Wet gear can be provided including wetsuit and buoyancy aid.
- The Confidence Clinic run Kids Summer Camps for ages 7-12 years are all about helping children to live their best life. Camp taking place in Salthill lasts 6 hours a day for 4 days – 24 hours filled with the best children’s self improvement techniques available, we will be including games, yoga, fun lessons, mindfulness and guided meditations. Most of the camp will be outdoors, weather permitting.
- Brigit’s Garden Summer Camps are full of fun and nature and take place in July & August.
- Bricks 4 Kidz teaches Science, Technology Engineering and Maths (STEM) using LEGO.
- Galway Atlantaquaria run Marine Science camps for kids.
- Rusheen Bay Summer Camps run throughout the summer in Galway.
- Killary Adventure Company have multi-activity, Spanish and residential summer camps on offer.
Tips for Summer Camps
Mykidstime is run by parents and we have also compiled our Top 10 Tips for Summer Camps, based on our experience! Things like checking whether they need a drink or snack with them or what the procedure is at pick up time. Each camp provider should have a child protection policy in place. Ask other parents for opinions on camps if it’s your child’s first summer camp year.
Are you running summer camps in Galway? Contact us to tell us about your camp