With the summer fast approaching, families are on the lookout for Summer Camps for Kids in Galway for this summer 2018. We have rounded up a few Summer Camps in Galway that we think will be great fun and will keep the kids entertained over the summer months.
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
Summer Camps for Kids in Galway
Delphi Adventure Summer Camps, Leenane, Co. Galway
Give your kids a fun-filled experience they’ll never forget. Is there anything your kids love more than an adventure? There’s no playground in the world that can match what Ireland’s great outdoors has to offer. With over 35 years of experience, Delphi have developed Adventure Camps to nurture and encourage children and teenagers to:
- support one another
- work in teams
- develop their self-confidence
- grow in self-belief through adventure in the outdoors.
With this in mind there is no doubt that Delphi Resort will be an unforgettable experience that your child will carry with them into the future. Campers will get to experience an array of challenging and fun activities in what is one of the most beautiful adventure playgrounds in Ireland.
So why not let your kids (aged 8-17 years) ‘go wild’ in a safe and full supervised environment for up to a week at Ireland’s leading adventure resort? Send them for a few days away and you could be looking at the next Bear Grylls or future BMX biking champ.
They will be zip-lining, climbing, kayaking, and much more while making lifetime memories and new friendships. For added peace of mind, you can rest assured knowing that safety is paramount at Delphi Resort. Your kids will be fed and watered 3 times a day and given all the safety equipment they need – at no extra cost to you. 24 hour supervision is provided by fully trained and qualified staff who have been Garda vetted.
Adventure Camps will run on selected dates from 8th July – 12th August 2018, and you can choose from a 7, 5 or 3 day residential camp or just book in for one day. Click here to book now*! Or call +353 (0)95 42208 for more information.
*1st 2 weeks of Delphi Resort Summer Camps Sold Out
Recommended Reading: Top Summer Camps for Kids in Ireland
Bricks 4 Kidz Fun LEGO Summer Camps
Bricks 4 Kidz teaches Science, Technology Engineering and Maths (STEM) using LEGO. They have a number of camp options depending on age and location;
- Junior Builders camp (3-5 years)
- Motorised LEGO Technic camp (5-12 years)
- Robotics and Coding camp (8-14 years)
- Computer Game Design camp (8-14 years).
Their camps are very popular amongst both girls and boys. Bricks 4 Kidz is part of global franchise network that operates across 45 countries.
STARCAMP is Ireland’s award winning No 1 performing, fun and games Summer Camp. It promises to offer the absolute best, most exciting and varied Summer camp experience to date and you will not want your child to miss it.
STARCAMP is aimed at all boys and girls aged 4-12, and it is so much more than a performing arts camp. Born from a desire to instill confidence in children, STARCAMP offers a mind blowing array of activities for both boys and girls including a superhero masterclass taught by real superheroes, lots of new camp games, a daily arts & crafts section, fun news & weather reporting, and of course singing, dancing and drama. The week is scattered with new and exciting surprises with a theme of “kindness” and there is a Friday finale showcase where all are welcome. All STARCAMPERS receive a free t-shirt, star award, kindness card, arts and crafts and some surprises too.
STARCAMP camps in Galway:
- Athenry Clarin College 16-20 July 2018
- Ballinasloe Town Hall Theatre 30 July-3 August 2018
- Claregalway Colaiste Bhaile Chlar 23-27 July 2018
- Gort Community Centre 2-6 July 2018
- Kinvara St Josephs NS 23-27 July 2018
- Loughrea The Temperance Hall 7-11 August (Tues-Sat) 2018
- Oranmore Calasanctius College Week 1 16-20 July 2018
- Oranmore Calasanctius College Week 2 13-17 August 2018
- Salthill/Knocknacarra GAA Hall Week 1 2-6 July 2018
- Salthill/Knocknacarra GAA Hall Week 2 30 July-3 August 2018
- Salthill/Knocknacarra GAA Hall Week 3 7-11 August (Tues-Sat)
- Tuam Mercy 9-13 July 2018
Brigits Garden Summer Camps, Roscahill, Co Galway
Brigit’s Garden offers an excellent opportunity for children to get out of the house and into the great outdoors during the summer. The Celtic Gardens, woodlands and meadows provide a unique setting for kids to explore the wonders of nature, guided by experienced staff. Brigit’s Garden camps will give your kids a special experience and a lifetime of memories.
- Fun with Nature Camp for 5 – 7 year olds Nature Games, Bug Hunts, Arts & Crafts and loads more fun. 5 day camps starting July 16th & 23rd and August 13th 2018, camps run Monday to Friday 10am – 1:30pm.
- Survival Skills Camp for 8 – 12 year olds Make a Natural Hut, Cook food outdoors, Tracking Games, Bug Hunts, Teamwork & Leadership skills and much more. 5 day camps starting July 16th & 23rd and August 13th, 2018, camps run Monday to Friday 10am – 1:30pm
Learn-It Lego Education Summer Camps (6+ yrs)
Learn It Lego Education Summer Camps cover a variety of different themes such as Robotics, Mechanics Engineering, Construction, Science and Creativity. Camps are taking place in 3 locations in Galway; St Mary’s College, Calasanctius College and Killeeneen National School.
Click here to find a Learn It Lego Summer Camp near you. They have 3 different camps: Junior Engineers (6-8yrs) summer camps, Senior Engineers Summer Camps (9-12yrs) and Senior Robotics Summer Camps (11+ yrs).
GAP (Galway Autism Partnership) Summer Camps for Kids & Teens
Galway Autism Partnership is a community based-charity that provides supports for individuals and families living with autism in Galway city and county. For the past 7 years, GAP has offered high-quality, safe and accessible Summer Camps to members aged 3 – 17 years.
GAP aims to offer a wide range of accessible and inclusive Summer Camps for children and young people with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their siblings throughout Galway city and county.
All of our Camps are subject to Volunteer and Facilitator availability. Application forms are now available – contact the GAP office on 091 5888 99 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form.
Spaces are limited so please don’t delay!
Camps on Offer from GAP:
- Tech Teens June 18th to 22nd (mornings) ages 13 to 18 years
- Tech Teens June 25th to 29th (afternoons) ages 13 to 18 years
- Kids Summer Camp for children with complex needs 2nd to 7th July (mornings) for children ages 7 to 12 years
- Kids Summer Camp for chlldren with lower support needs 2nd to 7th July (afternoons) for children ages 7 to 12 years
- Super Siblings Camp 9th to 13th & 16th to 20th July (afternoons) for children ages 6 to 12 years
- Venture Out (mornings) 16th to 20th July for ages 13 to 18 years
- Junior Summer Camps 16th to 20th July (mornings) for children ages 3 to 6 years
- Kids Summer Camp Mixed Group 23rd to 27th (mornings) in Tuam for children ages 7 to 12 years
- Ostrich Social Skills Camp promoting social skills through art & drama is suitable for children with low support needs and their siblings. It takes place from July 30th to August 3rd 9am to 12pm and is for children ages 7 to 12 years. Closing date for applications is July 25th by 5pm.
- Junior Summer Camps 7th to 10th & 13th to 17th & 20th to 24th August (mornings) for children ages 3 to 6 years
- Kids Summer Camps Mixed Group 7th to 10th & 20th to 24th (afternoons) for children ages 7 to 12 years
- Venture Out (mornings) 13th to 17th August for teens ages 13 to 18 years with complex needs
- Junior Summer Camp Tuam 13th to 17th August (mornings) for children ages 3 to 6 years
- Kids Summer Camps Mixed Group 20th to 24th (mornings) Tuam for children ages 7 to 12 years
Power Soccer Summer Camps, Galway & Mayo
Power Soccer School of Excellence provides excellent soccer coaching for boys and girls in Galway and Mayo, training indoors from September to June and outdoors for Summer Camps in July and August.
Boys and girls aged 3yrs up can join Power Soccer School of Excellence! The Little Kickers camp is for 3-4 yrs and runs Mon-Fri from 12 – 2 pm. The Mini Kickers is for 5-6 yrs and runs Mon-Fri from 10 am – 12 pm. The Main Camps are for 6+yrs, and run from 10 am-2 pm Mon-Fri.
Other Fun Summer Camps for Kids in Galway.
- Athletics Ireland offer kids the opportunity to come along and try a range of fun athletics activities in July and August. Camps run in Dublin, Mayo, Cork, Donegal, Kilkenny, Louth, Carlow, Waterford, Tipperary, Meath and Galway.
- FAI Summer Soccer School and Kelloggs GAA Cul Camps take place in every county in Ireland
- Let’s Go! offer Multi Activity Summer Camps in Cork during the months of June, July and August for children aged five to thirteen years. Camps run Monday to Friday 9:30am to 3.30pm daily.
- Whizzkids Discover IT Summer Camps are for kids aged 8 to 17 and mix indoor and outdoor action, with sports, code breaking & web design so kids have a fun & varied day. Camps take place during July and August at NUI Galway.
- Healthy Cooking Camps for Kids at GMIT teaching children how to create healthy meals including healthy desserts. The camps are a fully hands on experience and with an ‘eat what you make’ policy no-one will go hungry.
- Bio-EXPLORERS Science Camps Have loads of fun and excitement working as a real scientist in NUI Galway. Suitable for 8-13 year-olds. This exciting and educational camp is packed with amazing and awesome activities such as bug hunting, local and exotic creepy crawlies, understanding how cells work and performing captivating scientific experiments. The camp aims to inspire an interest in science by engaging children in interactive, hands-on activities. Three dates available in July.
- Summer Sailing Camps at Galway Bay Sailing Club for children and teens run throughout the summer each day. From beginner courses providing a first taste of sailing, to advanced courses for more experienced sailors who are working thought the Irish Sailing Association (ISA) small boat sailing scheme, there is a sailing course to suit everyone. Wet gear can be provided including wetsuit and buoyancy aid.
- The Confidence Clinic Kids Summer Camps for ages 7-12 years are all about helping children to live their best life. It is 6 hours a day for 4 days – 24 hours filled with the best children’s self improvement techniques available, we will be including games, yoga, fun lessons, mindfulness and guided meditations. Most of the camp will be outdoors weather permitting. Camp takes place at Galway GAA club 21st-24th August 2018
- Toodleou Summer Camps take place at Toodleou Creativity Lab in Oranmore during July and August for 4-7 year olds, 5-10 year olds and 8-12 year olds, depending upon the week. Spend the day exploring science, conducting experiments, drawing in sketchbooks, painting, sculpting, collaging and more. Bring your imagination for a week’s worth of exploration, experimentation, creation and fun!
- There’s a Social Skills Summer Camp presented by Ostrich Drama Company focusing on promoting Social skills through the Arts with Music, Art, Drama & Dance. The camp caters for ages 8 – 12 and takes place at Mervue Boy’s School, July 30th – August 3rd and August 13th – 17th 2018.
Tips for Summer Camps
Mykidstime is run by parents and we have also compiled our Top 10 Tips for Summer Camps, based on our experience! Things like checking whether they need a drink or snack with them or what the procedure is at pick up time. Each camp provider should have a child protection policy in place. Ask other parents for opinions on camps if it’s your child’s first summer camp year.
If you know of a local camp that we don’t have listed, please comment below or if you are a camp provider and would like your camp listed on here, drop us an email.