With the summer fast approaching, families are on the lookout for Summer Camps for Kids in Galway for this summer 2018. We have rounded up a few Summer Camps in Galway that we think will be great fun and will keep the kids entertained over the summer months.
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
Summer Camps for Kids in Galway
Delphi Adventure Summer Camps, Leenane, Co. Galway
Give your kids a fun-filled experience they’ll never forget. Is there anything your kids love more than an adventure? There’s no playground in the world that can match what Ireland’s great outdoors has to offer. With over 35 years of experience, Delphi have developed Adventure Camps to nurture and encourage children and teenagers to:
- support one another
- work in teams
- develop their self-confidence
- grow in self-belief through adventure in the outdoors.
With this in mind there is no doubt that Delphi Resort will be an unforgettable experience that your child will carry with them into the future. Campers will get to experience an array of challenging and fun activities in what is one of the most beautiful adventure playgrounds in Ireland.
So why not let your kids (aged 8-17 years) ‘go wild’ in a safe and full supervised environment for up to a week at Ireland’s leading adventure resort? Send them for a few days away and you could be looking at the next Bear Grylls or future BMX biking champ.
They will be zip-lining, climbing, kayaking, and much more while making lifetime memories and new friendships. For added peace of mind, you can rest assured knowing that safety is paramount at Delphi Resort. Your kids will be fed and watered 3 times a day and given all the safety equipment they need – at no extra cost to you. 24 hour supervision is provided by fully trained and qualified staff who have been Garda vetted.
Adventure Camps will run on selected dates from 8th July – 12th August 2018, and you can choose from a 7, 5 or 3 day residential camp or just book in for one day. Click here to book now! Or call +353 (0)95 42208 for more information.
10% early bird discount on all bookings made by April 27th. Just quote Mykidstime when you book
Recommended Reading: Top Summer Camps for Kids in Ireland
STARCAMP is Ireland’s award winning No 1 performing, fun and games Summer Camp. It promises to offer the absolute best, most exciting and varied Summer camp experience to date and you will not want your child to miss it.
STARCAMP is aimed at all boys and girls aged 4-12, and it is so much more than a performing arts camp. Born from a desire to instill confidence in children, STARCAMP offers a mind blowing array of activities for both boys and girls including a superhero masterclass taught by real superheroes, lots of new camp games, a daily arts & crafts section, fun news & weather reporting, and of course singing, dancing and drama. The week is scattered with new and exciting surprises with a theme of “kindness” and there is a Friday finale showcase where all are welcome. All STARCAMPERS receive a free t-shirt, star award, kindness card, arts and crafts and some surprises too.
STARCAMP camps in Galway:
- Athenry Clarin College 16-20 July 2018
- Ballinasloe Town Hall Theatre 30 July-3 August 2018
- Claregalway Colaiste Bhaile Chlar 23-27 July 2018
- Gort Community Centre 2-6 July 2018
- Kinvara St Josephs NS 23-27 July 2018
- Loughrea The Temperance Hall 7-11 August (Tues-Sat) 2018
- Oranmore Calasanctius College Week 1 16-20 July 2018
- Oranmore Calasanctius College Week 2 13-17 August 2018
- Salthill/Knocknacarra GAA Hall Week 1 2-6 July 2018
- Salthill/Knocknacarra GAA Hall Week 2 30 July-3 August 2018
- Salthill/Knocknacarra GAA Hall Week 3 7-11 August (Tues-Sat)
- Tuam Mercy 9-13 July 2018
Brigits Garden Summer Camps, Roscahill, Co Galway
Brigit’s Garden offers an excellent opportunity for children to get out of the house and into the great outdoors during the summer. The Celtic Gardens, woodlands and meadows provide a unique setting for kids to explore the wonders of nature, guided by experienced staff. Brigit’s Garden camps will give your kids a special experience and a lifetime of memories.
- Fun with Nature Camp for 5 – 7 year olds Nature Games, Bug Hunts, Arts & Crafts and loads more fun. 5 day camps starting July 16th & 23rd and August 13th 2018, camps run Monday to Friday 10am – 1:30pm.
- Survival Skills Camp for 8 – 12 year olds Make a Natural Hut, Cook food outdoors, Tracking Games, Bug Hunts, Teamwork & Leadership skills and much more. 5 day camps starting July 16th & 23rd and August 13th, 2018, camps run Monday to Friday 10am – 1:30pm
Learn-It Lego Education Summer Camps (6+ yrs)
Learn It Lego Education Summer Camps cover a variety of different themes such as Robotics, Mechanics Engineering, Construction, Science and Creativity. Camps are taking place in 3 locations in Galway; St Mary’s College, Calasanctius College and Killeeneen National School.
Click here to find a Learn It Lego Summer Camp near you. They have 3 different camps: Junior Engineers (6-8yrs) summer camps, Senior Engineers Summer Camps (9-12yrs) and Senior Robotics Summer Camps (11+ yrs).
Power Soccer Summer Camps, Galway & Mayo
Power Soccer School of Excellence provides excellent soccer coaching for boys and girls in Galway and Mayo, training indoors from September to June and outdoors for Summer Camps in July and August.
Boys and girls aged 3yrs up can join Power Soccer School of Excellence! The Little Kickers camp is for 3-4 yrs and runs Mon-Fri from 12 – 2 pm. The Mini Kickers is for 5-6 yrs and runs Mon-Fri from 10 am – 12 pm. The Main Camps are for 6+yrs, and run from 10 am-2 pm Mon-Fri.
Other Fun Summer Camps for Kids in Galway
- Rusheen Bay offer watersports camps for kids and teens from June to August.
- Athletics Ireland offer kids the opportunity to come along and try a range of fun athletics activities in July and August. Camps run in Dublin, Mayo, Cork, Donegal, Kilkenny, Louth, Carlow, Waterford, Tipperary, Meath and Galway.
- FAI Summer Soccer School and Kelloggs GAA Cul Camps take place in every county in Ireland
- Let’s Go! offer Multi Activity Summer Camps in Cork during the months of June, July and August for children aged five to thirteen years. Camps run Monday to Friday 9:30am to 3.30pm daily.
- Whizzkids Discover IT Summer Camps are for kids aged 8 to 17 and mix indoor and outdoor action, with sports, code breaking & web design so kids have a fun & varied day. Camps take place during July and August at NUI Galway.
Tips for Summer Camps
Mykidstime is run by parents and we have also compiled our Top 10 Tips for Summer Camps, based on our experience! Things like checking whether they need a drink or snack with them or what the procedure is at pick up time. Each camp provider should have a child protection policy in place. Ask other parents for opinions on camps if it’s your child’s first summer camp year.
If you know of a local camp that we don’t have listed, please comment below or if you are a camp provider and would like your camp listed on here, drop us an email.