Are you planning ahead for the summer holidays? Are you on the lookout for Summer Camps in Galway for Kids and Teens for this summer 2020? We have rounded up a few Summer Camps in Galway that we think will be great fun and will keep your child or teen entertained over the summer months.
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
Start planning your summer with some of these fantastic summer camps around Galway for kids and teens. From science and robotics to sports, drama and more – there’s something for everyone!
Summer Camps in Galway for Kids and Teens
Delphi Adventure Summer Camps, Leenane, Co. Galway
Give your kids a fun-filled experience they’ll never forget. Is there anything your kids love more than an adventure? There’s no playground in the world that can match what Ireland’s great outdoors has to offer. With over 35 years of experience, Delphi have developed Adventure Camps to nurture and encourage children and teenagers to:
- support one another
- work in teams
- develop their self-confidence
- grow in self-belief through adventure in the outdoors.
With this in mind there is no doubt that Delphi Resort will be an unforgettable experience that your child will carry with them into the future. Campers will get to experience an array of challenging and fun activities in what is one of the most beautiful adventure playgrounds in Ireland.
So why not let your kids (aged 8-17 years) ‘go wild’ in a safe and full supervised environment for up to a week at Ireland’s leading adventure resort? Send them for a few days away and you could be looking at the next Bear Grylls or future BMX biking champ.
They will be zip-lining, climbing, kayaking, and much more while making lifetime memories and new friendships. For added peace of mind, you can rest assured knowing that safety is paramount at Delphi Resort. Your kids will be fed and watered 3 times a day and given all the safety equipment they need – at no extra cost to you. 24 hour supervision is provided by fully trained and qualified staff who have been Garda vetted.
Adventure Camps will run weekly from 28th June – 9th August 2020, and you can choose from a 7, 5 or 3 day residential camp or just book in for one day. Click here to book now*! Or call +353 (0)95 42208 for more information.
Recommended Reading: Top Summer Camps for Kids in Ireland
STARCAMP Drama & Multi-Activity Summer Camps, Galway
STARCAMP camps promise the absolute best, most exciting and varied Summer camp experience to date and you will not want your child to miss it. The theme for 2019 is Comedy!
Camps are for boys and girls aged 4 to 12 years and are so much more than a performing arts camps. Born from a desire to instil confidence in children, STARCAMP offers a mind blowing array of activities for both boys and girls including:
- Starcamp games & activities
- Starcamp arts & crafts with an imaginative twist!
- Fun kids news & weather reporting
- And of course singing, dancing and drama.
- A Friday finale showcase where all are welcome.
All STARCAMPERS receive a free t-shirt, star award, arts and crafts and some surprises too.
Camps last 5 days and take place around the country from 9.30 am to 2.30pm daily and do fill up quickly. So BOOK YOUR PLACE TODAY. Or call 021 4377900 for more information.
Planet Science Kidz STEAM Summer Camps
Planet Science Kidz STEAM Science Summer Camps are for ages 5-12. Planet Science Summer Camps enable children to explore different topics in Science. Children will gain hands on scientific experience exploring topics that include but are not limited to Biology, Chemistry, Physics & Geology.
Although primarily located in the West of Ireland & the Midlands, Planet Science brings science at your door step NATIONWIDE!
Topics Covered Include:
- Physics (Magnetic Fields, Liquid Density, Electric circuits, conductors, insulators)
- Chemistry (Test tube Science, Acid Base Reactions, Rocket Launch, Slimy Polymers, Water filtration)
- Biology (Microscopes, plant & animal cells, Insect Structure, Biology of Blood, Capillary action)
- Geology ( Volcanoes, Tornadoes)
Limited places available. Booking in advance is highly advised to avoid disappointment!
Science Summer Camps with Junior Einsteins
Junior Einsteins run hands on science summer camps at multiple locations in Leinster including Dublin, Wicklow, Meath & Kildare. Children get to make and take home something most days including their own slime, fossils, model gliders, rainbow glasses and more! They wear Lab coats and goggles and take part in outdoor fun too including; Bug Hunts, Rocket Races, Dinosaur Digs. All camps are run by qualified scientists who have been Garda vetted and are fully insured.
Camps are suitable for children aged 6 to 11 years and run from Monday to Friday 9am to 2pm daily. Book online at www.junioreinsteinsscienceclub.com.
Learn-It Lego Education Summer Camps
Learn It Lego Education Summer Camps cover a variety of different themes such as Robotics, Mechanics Engineering, Construction, Science and Creativity. Camps take place at various locations throughout Galway city and county.
They have 3 different camps: Junior Engineers (6-8yrs) summer camps, Senior Engineers Summer Camps (9-12yrs) and Senior Robotics Summer Camps (11+ yrs).
GAP (Galway Autism Partnership) Summer Camps for Kids & Teens
Galway Autism Partnership is a community based-charity that provides supports for individuals and families living with autism in Galway city and county. For the past 7 years, GAP has offered high-quality, safe and accessible Summer Camps to members aged 3 – 17 years.
GAP aims to offer a wide range of accessible and inclusive Summer Camps for children and young people with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their siblings throughout Galway city and county.
All of our Camps are subject to Volunteer and Facilitator availability. Application forms are now available – contact the GAP office on 091 5888 99 or email [email protected] to request an application form.
Spaces are limited so please don’t delay!
Power Soccer Summer Camps, Galway
Power Soccer School of Excellence provides excellent soccer coaching for boys and girls in Galway, training indoors from September to June and outdoors for Summer Camps in July and August.
Boys and girls aged 3yrs up can join Power Soccer School of Excellence! The Little Kickers camp is for 3-4 yrs and runs Mon-Fri from 12 – 2 pm. The Mini Kickers is for 5-6 yrs and runs Mon-Fri from 10 am – 12 pm. The Main Camps are for 6+yrs, and run from 10 am-2 pm Mon-Fri.
Anyone4Science Summer Camps, Galway
Anyone4Science are running science summer camps for kids aged 4-13 years. Learn about the states of matter, viscosity, solar energy, light and sound, forensics and rocket science.
2020 Anyone4Science camps location and dates:
- Galway, GMIT – 13th-17th July, 20th-24th July 2020
- Galway, Knocknacarra – 4th-7th August 2020
Other Fun Summer Camps for Kids in Galway
- Athletics Ireland offer kids the opportunity to come along and try a range of fun athletics activities in July and August.
- FAI Summer Soccer School and Kelloggs GAA Cul Camps take place across Galway city and county.
- Let’s Go! offer Multi Activity Summer Camps for children aged five to thirteen years. Camps run Monday to Friday 9:30am to 3.30pm daily.
- Whizzkids run Discover IT Summer Camps for kids aged 8 to 17 and mix indoor and outdoor action, with sports, code breaking & web design so kids have a fun & varied day. Camps take place during July and August at NUI Galway.
- Healthy Ever After run Healthy Cooking Camps for Kids at GMIT teaching children how to create healthy meals including healthy desserts. The camps are a fully hands on experience and with an ‘eat what you make’ policy no-one will go hungry.
- Bio-EXPLORERS Science Camps Have loads of fun and excitement working as a real scientist in NUI Galway. Suitable for 8-13 year-olds. This exciting and educational camp is packed with amazing and awesome activities such as bug hunting, local and exotic creepy crawlies, understanding how cells work and performing captivating scientific experiments. The camp aims to inspire an interest in science by engaging children in interactive, hands-on activities.
- Summer Sailing Camps at Galway Bay Sailing Club for children and teens run throughout the summer each day. From beginner courses providing a first taste of sailing, to advanced courses for more experienced sailors who are working thought the Irish Sailing Association (ISA) small boat sailing scheme, there is a sailing course to suit everyone. Wet gear can be provided including wetsuit and buoyancy aid.
- The Confidence Clinic run Kids Summer Camps for ages 7-12 years are all about helping children to live their best life. Camp taking place in Salthill lasts 6 hours a day for 4 days – 24 hours filled with the best children’s self improvement techniques available, we will be including games, yoga, fun lessons, mindfulness and guided meditations. Most of the camp will be outdoors, weather permitting.
- Brigit’s Garden Summer Camps are full of fun and nature and take place in July & August.
- Bricks 4 Kidz teaches Science, Technology Engineering and Maths (STEM) using LEGO.
- Galway Atlantaquaria run Marine Science camps for kids.
Tips for Summer Camps
Mykidstime is run by parents and we have also compiled our Top 10 Tips for Summer Camps, based on our experience! Things like checking whether they need a drink or snack with them or what the procedure is at pick up time. Each camp provider should have a child protection policy in place. Ask other parents for opinions on camps if it’s your child’s first summer camp year.
Are you running summer camps in Galway? Contact us to tell us about your camp