With the long summer holidays just around the corner, many parents will be anxious to get their children booked into Summer Camps. We can help, below are list of some of the best Summer Camps in Cork for summer 2020 for kids and teens. Do keep checking back as we will be updating the list.
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
Plan your summer with some of these fantastic summer camps in Cork and surrounding areas. From science and robotics to sports, drama and more – there’s something for everyone!
You May Also Enjoy Top Summer Camps for Kids in Ireland
Summer Camps in Cork for Teens
Learn It Senior Robotics Camps (11+yrs)
The Learn It Senior Robotics camps enable students to discover Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics in a fun, engaging, hands-on way. This combines LEGO building with software and curriculum-based activities, which allows students to design, programme and control robots. They build robots and use software to plan, test and modify sequences of instructions from a variety of real-life robotic behaviours. Students gather and analyse data from sensors using data-logging functionalities such as graph view.
Following a curriculum devised by LEGO® Education, they start off with simple projects on Day One, learning about the basics of LEGO® Mindstorms programming, creating a vehicle and programing it to drive forward, turn and reverse. They then move on to the various sensors that we use during the week, learning how they work, their real world applications and how to programme them.
As the week progresses, students enhance their robot, adding new sensors, creating new programmes and taking on various challenges that are set each day. As the end of the camp approaches, they build a new robot based on what they have learned and take on our end-of-week challenge.
You May Also Enjoy Top Summer Camps for Teens in Ireland
Anyone4Science Teen Summer Camps
Anyone4Science runs Summer Science Camps and Science Cafés for 13-15 yrs. Investigate Chemical Synthesis, Liver dissection, Pneumatics, Soldering, Electronic Projects, space science and more… Cork, CIT Teen Camp dates: 22nd-26th June
Summer Camps in Cork for Kids
STARCAMP Drama & Multi-Activity Summer Camps
STARCAMP camps promise the absolute best, most exciting and varied Summer camp experience to date and you will not want your child to miss it.
Camps are for boys and girls aged 4 to 12 years and are so much more than a performing arts camps. Born from a desire to instil confidence in children, STARCAMP offers a mind blowing array of activities for both boys and girls including:
- Starcamp games & activities
- Starcamp arts & crafts with an imaginative twist!
- Fun kids news & weather reporting
- And of course singing, dancing and drama.
- A Friday finale showcase where all are welcome.
All STARCAMPERS receive a free t-shirt, star award, arts and crafts and some surprises too.
Camps last 5 days and take place around the country from 9.30 am to 2.30pm daily and do fill up quickly. So book your place today, or call 021 4377900 for more information.
Learn-It Lego Education Summer Camps (6+ yrs)
Learn It Lego Education Summer Camps cover a variety of different themes such as Robotics, Mechanics Engineering, Construction, Science and Creativity. Camps take place in locations in Cork; Bandon, Carrigaline, Clonakilty, Mallow, Midleton and Cork City.
They have 3 different camps: Junior Engineers (6-8yrs) summer camps, Senior Engineers Summer Camps (9-12yrs) and Senior Robotics Summer Camps (11+ yrs).
Let’s Go Multi-Activity Camps
Let’s Go Camps cater for boys and girls aged 5 – 12 years (children must be attending primary school). There’s an incredible range of Action Packed, Fun Filled activities designed to keep your child active during the holiday period.
Each Let’s Go! Multi Activity Camp offers two programmes of activities, one for the 5-6 year olds (children must be attending primary school) and the second for the 7-12 year olds. These programmes have been designed by an expert team of physical education teachers with your children in mind at all times.
Locations: Carrigaline, Cork City, Mallow, Midleton
Anyone4 Science Summer Camps for Kids
Anyone4Science are running science summer camps for kids aged 4-13 years. Learn about the states of matter, viscosity, solar energy, light and sound, forensics and rocket science..
Summer camps 2020 locations and dates:
- Cork, CIT – 29th Jun-3rd July, 6th-10th July, 4th-7th August 2020
- Cork, Fermoy – 20th-24th July 2020
- Cork, Kinsale – 27th-31st July 2020
- Cork, Lifetime Lab – 13th-17th July, 10th-14th August 2020
- Cork, Midleton – 4th-7th August 2020
Other Summer Camps for Kids In Cork
- Funkytown Watersports Summer Camps for Kids & Teens take place on Fountainstown Beach, Cork during July and August. Camps are suitable for kids aged 8 to 17 years.
- Bricks 4 Kidz teaches Science, Technology Engineering and Maths (STEM) using LEGO. They have a number of camp options in Cork City, East Cork and West Cork.
- Athletics Ireland offer kids the opportunity to come along and try a range of fun athletics activities in July and August.
- Whizzkids Discover IT Summer Camps are for kids aged 8 to 17 and mix indoor and outdoor action, with sports, code breaking & web design so kids have a fun & varied day. Camps run Cork Institute of Technology; 13-17 July, 10-14 Aug.
- FAI Summer Soccer School and Kelloggs GAA Cul Camps take place in every county in Ireland
- Blackrock Castle Observatory run Space Camps for kids aged 7 to 12 years in July and August.
- The Confidence Clinic Kids Summer Camps for ages 7-12 years are all about helping children to live their best life. The camp takes place in Douglas Cork and includes games, yoga, fun lessons, mindfulness and guided meditations. Most of the camp will be outdoors weather permitting.
You May Also Enjoy 10 Cool Things for Teens to do in Ireland this Summer
Tips for Summer Camps
Mykidstime is run by parents and we have also compiled our Top 10 Tips for Summer Camps, based on our experience! Things like checking whether they need a drink or snack with them or what the procedure is at pick up time. Each camp provider should have a child protection policy in place. Ask other parents for opinions on camps if it’s your child’s first summer camp year.
Are you running camps in locations in Cork? Contact us to find out how we can help you tell parents about them.