Are you looking for fun family things to do in Ireland this Halloween? This is our spookiest ever roundup of Family Events and Things To Do With Kids Around Ireland Halloween 2016!
You will be spoiled for choices of things to do in Dublin this Halloween 2016 with everything from:
Bricks4Kidz Halloween Camps are taking place in Malahide, Santry, Sutton, Swords, Donabate, Lusk, Skerries and Ongar this mid-term. The workshops are geared towards science, technology, engineering and maths (S.T. E. M), with kids using LEGO® to build models and play games. “Themes like Super Heroes and Jurassic Park guide the program, and builders also get their creations moving with motors and gears” said Joanne, a stay at home mum to 4 young boys and co-owner of the Bricks4Kidz Fingal & Santry business. Book your place now.
- Music Workshops, Discos and Gigs for kids and families at The Ark in Temple Bar including Dracula’s Disco at The Ark on Bank Holiday Mon 31 Oct 11.30am-2pm with Dracula’s own DJ Will Softly spinning the decks and scratching vinyl. Come along in costumes and dance or listen to some mysterious Bram Stoker children’s tales!
- Song school One Day Blitz Workshop at Draoicht Arts Centre Blanchardstown is a must for all creative music types!
- The Witches and Wizards Mid-Term Camps takes place at Imaginosity from November 1st to 4th 2016.
- Trick or Treat Trails hosted by the GAA Museum are back at Croke Park for 2016. Each tour lasts approx. one hour and are suitable for children of 10 years and under accompanied by an adult. Tours take place at 11.30; 12.30; 14.30 and 15.30 on Saturday October 29th, Sunday October 30th and Monday October 31st. Advance online booking is advised to avoid disappointment.
- This year’s Halloween fun Spectacular Boo @ Dublin Zoo takes place on Monday October 31, 12pm – 2pm.
- The annual Bram Stoker Festival promises 4 nights of deadly adventure October 28th to 31st.
- Take the Room on the Broom Tale Trail at Airfield this Halloween from October 29th to November 6th. Older children can join in a fun Halloween themed workshop.
- Have fun this Halloween at the Halloween Experience at Wooly Ward’s Farm taking place Saturday 22nd, Sunday 23rd, Saturday 29th, Sunday 30th & Monday 31st October from 2-5pm.
- Creative Super Scary Halloween Workshops with Starcamps.
- Enjoy a Feast of Bones by Theatre Lovett at the Pavillion Theatre on November 6th & 7th.
- And don’t forget to check out the Free Halloween Events at the 3 National Museum of Ireland sites, Collins Barracks, Merrion Square and Kildare Street.
- Eirtakon 2016 takes place at Croke Park on November 4th to 6th. A celebration of Japenese entertainment culture anime, manga, video and gaming.
- The Samhain Hallloween Bonfire is on at Brigit’s Garden with a host of spooky events taking place suitable for all ages. Come in your spookiest fancy dress!
- Creative Super Scary Halloween Workshops with Starcamps in Salthill.
- Galway Atlantaquaria have fun School’s Out for Science Halloween Camps running on dates from November 1st to 4th and are suitable children aged 5 to 7 or 8 to 10 years.
- The Galway City Museum have workshops for children aged 7 to 12 years.
- Galway Art Academy are running Halloween Art Camps for children aged 5 to 12 years at St Mary’s College on November 2nd to 4th 2016.
- The Galway Aboo Festival takes place from October 28th to 31st and incorporates the annual Charity Monster Dash on October 29th and the annual Macnas Halloween Parade going through the streets of Galway on October 30th from 17.30.
- The annual Vodafone Comedy Carnival is back in Galway from October 25th to 31st 2016. Check out the full line up including shows for families.
- The Howl-O-Ween Family Festival takes place at Slieve Aughty Centre on dates from October 29th to November 6th 2016. Enjoy a fancy dress disco, spooky witches walks and Bloody Mary’s Haunted House along with charity horse rides.
- Creative Super Scary Halloween Workshops with Starcamps in Carrigaline, Glanmire and Douglas.
- The Dragon of Shandon Festival includes a Halloween Parade on October 31st.
- Lord Ghoulsley’s Manor, hosts an interactive Halloween experience in Cobh from October 21st to 31st 2016.
- Join Fota Wildlife Park activity staff in the small marquee for the mid-term break in October where they will be doing spooky arts & crafts and creating little monsters with face painting!
- The Nightmare Realm will be back for Halloween 2016 at Albert Quay. Come along and face your fears….if you dare.
- Youghaloween Spooktacular Festival takes place in Youghal during the October midterm break.
Limerick & The South West
- Halloween horror is the order of the day at Bunratty Castle and Folk Park on bank holiday Monday the 31st of October from 12 to 6pm, with something for all the (Addams) family!
- The Hunt Museum, Limerick are hosting a Ghoulish Halloween Camp (Nov 2nd to 4th) and Hair Raising Tales and more on Halloween Saturday (Oct 29th). Activities include: Halloween Tours, Pumpkin Carving Workshop, Drop in Halloween Art & Crafts and a Children’s Poetry Writing Competition. (Oct 29th)
- CreateSchool have BrickFlicks Lego Mini Figure Workshops in Limerick and Ennis.
- See Hocus Pocus at UCH, Limerick. This classic Halloween film is ideal for all the family! Hocus Pocus stars Bette Midler, and Sarah Jessica Parker.
- Limerick will host its very own Halloween ‘Spooktacular’ Family Festival on Arthur’s Quay.
- The annual Spleodar Family Arts Festival is on in Nenagh from October 29th to 31st 2016.
- The annual Knocknagoshel Halloween Group Ghost Trail takes place in Knocknagoshel, Co Kerry on October 30th.
- Moher Hill Open Farm in Liscannor is hosting a fun Halloween event.
- Kenmare Halloween Howl takes place from October 29th to November 5th 2016. Expect the unexpected!
- Creative Super Scary Halloween Workshops with Starcamps. South West Camps take place in Ennis, Nenagh and Limerick.
The South East
- Create awe-inspiring pumpkins at Powerscourt on Oct 29th & 30th. All little goblins and ghouls are welcome to dress up in their Halloween finery and get into the festive spirit. Enjoy some delicious treats as part of the event and take your carved pumpkin creation home to scare the neighbours!
- Head to Kilkenny for the annual Savour Kilkenny Festival of Food.
- The acclaimed “Dare to Scare” Halloween Tour returns to Wells House and Gardens Wexford this October, when the past comes to life again this Halloween, are you brave enough to take this tour? They also have Ghoulish Storytelling and other fun events during the mid-term week.
- Kilruddery House, Co Wicklow have a pumpkin patch guarded by scarecrows and are inviting you to come along and design your own pumpkin for Halloween this midterm on October 29th & 30th.
- Creative Super Scary Halloween Workshops with Starcamps.South East Camps take place in Wicklow.
- Discover the history and mystery of the 800 year old Hook Lighthouse, the oldest intact operational lighthouse in the world, this Halloween with two evenings of thrilling tours on Saturday and Sunday, October 29th and 30th.
- If you are brave enough, get into the Spirit of Halloween with the Waterford & Suir Valley Railway’s ‘Spooky Express’ 2016 which runs on Saturday 29th October 2016 Times: 5.15pm, 6pm, 6.45pm, 7.30pm, 8.15pm and 9pm.
- The Wexford Spiegeltent Festival takes place from October 14th to 30th 2016 with entertainment for all the family.
- The Wexford Fringe Festival take place from October 21st to November 6th 2016.
- Belvedere House and Gardens will have a host of spooky and not so spooky Halloween events for families. Including Halloween Treasure Hunts that take place on October 29th to 31st from 12pm to 2pm. Booking essential. Call 044 9349060 to book your place
- Halloween Spooktacular is back at the Irish National Stud from October 29th to 31st 2016. Fun activities include a pumpkin treasure hunt, spooky storytelling, pony rides, face-painting and craft workshops. Discounts available for online bookings.
- Lullymore Heritage & Discovery Park, Kildare hosts its now infamous “Halloween Happenings” for SEVEN spooky days Saturday 29th October to 4th of November 2016 10am to 6pm daily.
- Take a journey through the spooky forest on the Rathwood Express, Carlow. The magical Land of Oz is being terrorised by the Wicked Witch of the West! On this ghoulishly, scary and very exciting adventure you will meet friends of Dorothy for fun, frolics and surprises along the way.
- Spooktacular is back at Birr Castle Gardens on October 30th from 5pm to 9pm. Take a spine tingling tour through the dark, enchanted woods and visit the mysterious haunted castle! Suitable for ages 5+
- Glendeer Pet Farm’s SPOOKTASTIC Halloween Event takes place Saturday 29th October – 6th November 2016, where kids can cast spells with a scary witch, toast marshmallows over an open fire, enter the eerie maze but be warned, it’s at your own risk.
- In Offaly, the Hullabaloo! Children’s Arts Festival returns from Nov 2nd to 5th.
- It wouldn’t be Halloween without Jackula! The show is on at the Moat Theatre
- Enjoy a Spookfest at Huntington Castle, Co Carlow from October 27th to 31st 2016.
- Delta Sensory Gardens in Carlow will host a Halloween Festival on October 29th 2016 .
The North East
- CreateSchool are running Halloween Brick Flicks Lego Workshops in Navan.
- Creative Super Scary Halloween Workshops with Starcamps, camps take place in Cavan.
- The Virginia Pumpkin Festival is an annual event held in the town of Virginia, Co Cavan taking place at the bank holiday weekend in October.
- Tayto Park House of Horrors is back for the October mid-term and this year they have added Tayto Park After Dark which runs on October 22nd, 28th, 29th, 30th & 31st from 6pm to 9pm.
- The Spirits of Meath Halloween Festival takes place in venues across the county this Halloween.
- The Hell and Back Junior Endurance event takes place in Tattersalls Country House, Ratoath, Co Meath on October 22nd.
- Monaghan County Museum have a Spooky Halloween Arts & Crafts Workshop on October 22nd a Pumpkin Carving Workshop on October 29th an Art & Craft Workshop on November 3rd and a Kids Movie Day on November 4th.
- Lough Muckno Leisure Park have a Halloween Festival from October 27th to 30th.
The North West
- Lough SpooKey Halloween Fest takes place this year from October 26th to November 3rd at Lough Key Forest Park, Boyle, Co Roscommon. Spot prizes for the best costumes, enter a Halloween Colouring Competition and enjoy extra fun at Boda Boooo!
- Halloween Fest 2016 is back at Westport House October 29th – 31st with frightening fun for all the family! Get ready for ghastly ghouls, jumping Jack O’Lanterns and hair-raising hocus pocus.
- CreateSchool are running Halloween Brick Flicks Lego Workshops in Castlebar, Roscommon and Sligo.
- The RoolaBoola Children’s Arts Festival takes place at the Linehall Arts Centre, Co Roscommon.
- The inaugural Achill International Harp Festival takes place from October 28th to 31st 2016. With workshops, music and more.
- The Mayo Dark Sky Festival takes place in Newport from October 28th to 30th
- One of Europe’s largest Halloween festivals (this year is the 30th anniversary), the Banks of the Foyle Halloween Festival takes place in Derry between 27 – 31 October and Guildhall Square is the focus for many of the events.
- Join in the Halloween fun at this year’s Halloween Monster Mash in Belfast on Sunday 30th October. Head along to the Titanic Slipways for Belfast’s biggest Halloween celebration with an evening of spooktacular theatre, macabre music, fascinating fireworks!
- Palace Stables in Armagh are running a Halloween Arts & Crafts Club.
- Little Spooks – only for the very brave! takes place at Navan Centre Armagh this Halloween on October 29th to 31st 2016.
- Monster Manor returns to W5 Belfast on October 1st until November 6th 2016.
- Enjoy Ghoulish treats, pumpkin carving and a Halloween Trail at The Argory, Dungannon this Hallowen midterm from October 22nd to 30th 2016.
- The Mac Belfast have a full line up of Spooky Halloween Events and Workshops for ages 0 to 100 years!
- The Marble Arch Caves and Geopoark have some fangtastic Halloween Events inclubing; Beary Scary, Spooktacular, Build Your Halloween Bear and a Samhain Picnic from October 28th to 30th 2016
- Take a Halloween Torchlight Tour at The Ulster American Folk Park from October 28th to 31st 2016.
- Boo at the Zoo is back at Belfast Zoo on October 29th with fiendish fun for all the family!
If you run a Halloween Event and would like to include it, please add it to the comments box below.