Looking for something fun and easy to do with your child before and during Christmas break? We invited Erin Sparkler of EyeConnectCrafts to have some fun with her 4 year old and share some Tips and Tricks for parents for Cool Crafts for Kids over the Holidays:
1. Have a designated space where kids can make a mess and you don’t care by setting up with the following:
2. Get or cover a table with cardboard so you can make a mess. I have a cardboard table from Chairgomi.com. But you could get a fold up table from Walmart or a kids table from a yard sale for cheap. It doesn’t matter as long as you don’t care about it getting messy!
3. Use a drop cloth or old sheet to cover the floor and catch spills.
4. Use large old button up shirts as aprons. You can steal one from your husband’s closet or buy one from the Salvation Army.
5. Have a bin with with everything kids need to craft ready to go including:
- Spray paints
- glitter glue
- paint brushes
- stamp pads
- pipe cleaners
- sponges, etc…
6. Spray the box your paints come in with the colors and label so you know what’s in the box.
7. Keep string and ribbon from old sweater, pj bottoms, presents, shoes, purchases that come tied up, etc. in a bin to use in crafting projects like the Lace-Ups. (I also collect old doilies)
8. Don’t forget the paper towels! And baby wipes are indispensable!
Follow Erin on her FB page at EyeConnectCrafts. Or see behind-the-scenes photos on Instagram. And you can buy the movable chipboard animals (Totem Poppet) or the Lace-Up designs you saw today at www.eyeconnectcrafts.com.
Over to you now. Do you have any tips for cool crafts for kids? Share them with us in the comments below.