What are you doing for the May Bank Holiday weekend? The award winning Riverfest Limerick is set to return for the May Bank Holiday, May 4th to 7th 2018, offering a dazzling array of free activities to amuse families of all ages. We talked to organisers to find out What’s On for Families at Riverfest Limerick 2018 and why families should visit.
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free? Please share this with your family & friends if you liked it!
What is Riverfest Limerick?
Set to be the city’s premier summer festival, Riverfest aims to showcase all that is great about Limerick. Keep up-to-date with the festival program and expect a vibrant mix of music, family fun, great food and much much more. Highlights will include:
- The Seabreacher Shark, an 18ft shark craft dare-devil ride all the way from New Zealand. It can perform side rolls, doughnuts and travel at speeds of up to 80km per hour and soar 18ft out of the water and dos 5ft underwater….will you be brave enough to give it a try?
- Riverfest on the Shannon with a double Zipline over the river so you can race your friends! (FREE)
- Fashion Friday on May 4th
- Riverfestival village in Arthur’s Quay Park will be a hive of activity throughout with street performers, food, workshops, music and more
- BBQ Cook Off Competition on May 5th from 12pm to 5pm
- Take part in zorbing, kayaking and stand up paddle boarding (charges apply)
- Bons Secours Great Limerick Run will see the street of Limerick thronged with walkers, joggers and serious runners on May 6th
- A spectacular fireworks display will light up the skies of Limerick on May 6th at 10pm
The great thing about Riverfest is that most of the activities are completely free to keep you and your family entertained. There’s just so much to see and do for all ages. It promises to be one excellent weekend to soak up Limerick City and enjoy the start of the Summer.
Who is Riverfest Limerick For?
Riverfest Limerick is a mecca for families, foodies, serious and fun runners and water-sport enthusiasts.
Why is Riverfest Limerick Different?
Riverfest is different from other festivals as it takes advantage of Limerick’s position on the Shannon to offer water and land based events and activities suitable for all ages. It also boasts the back drop of the spectacular King John’s Castle which will host music events and will be lit up with the fireworks display. It offers many activities free of charge making it accessible to all.
Sum up Riverfest Limerick in 5 Words?
Four Fun Days in Limerick
For more info visit Riverfest.ie
Over to you now. Are you planning to visit Riverfest Limerick this year? Please let us know in the comments box below.