What are you doing for the May Bank Holiday weekend? The award winning Riverfest Limerick is set to return for the May Bank Holiday, Friday 3rd to Monday 6th May 2019, offering a dazzling array of free activities to amuse families of all ages. We talked to organisers to find out What’s On for Families at Riverfest Limerick 2019 and why families should visit.
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free? Please share this with your family & friends if you liked it!
What is Riverfest Limerick?
Set to be the city’s premier summer festival, Riverfest aims to showcase all that is great about Limerick. Keep up-to-date with the festival program and expect a vibrant mix of music, family fun, great food and much much more. Highlights will include:
- Riverfest Fireworks & Aerial Spectacle – A special new addition to Riverfest! Aerial circus performers, Fidget Feet, have joined forces with Classic Effects to create a spectacular aerial and fireworks display for the premiere of Sky Dance at Riverfest!
- Riverfest on the Shannon, featuring Zorbing, Kayaking and a free river Zipline! (FREE)
- Riverfestival Village in Arthur’s Quay Park will be a hive of activity throughout with street performers, food, crafts, live music and more!
- Fashion Friday on May 3rd
- Ireland’s largest BBQ cook-off is back with some sizzling treats on May 4th 12pm – 3pm.
- Take a free tour of one of Ireland’s Navy Vessels and see what it’s like to be on board one of the ships that patrols the country’s shores.
- Regeneron Great Limerick Run – come for the run and stay for the fun during Riverfest weekend!
The great thing about Riverfest is that most of the activities are completely free to keep you and your family entertained. There’s just so much to see and do for all ages. It promises to be one excellent weekend to soak up Limerick City and enjoy the start of the Summer.
Who is Riverfest Limerick For?
Riverfest Limerick is a mecca for families, foodies, serious and fun runners and water-sport enthusiasts.
Why is Riverfest Limerick Different?
Riverfest is different from other festivals as it takes advantage of Limerick’s position on the Shannon to offer water and land based events and activities suitable for all ages. Many of the activities are completely free of charge making it accessible to all.
Sum up Riverfest Limerick in 5 Words?
Four Fun Days in Limerick
For more info visit Riverfest.ie
Over to you now. Are you planning to visit Riverfest Limerick this year? Please let us know in the comments box below.