Slieve Aughty Centre in East County Galway offers families an eco retreat with equestrian activities for holidays, days out, parties and events on a stunning 30 acre site. Read on to find out why Slieve Aughty Centre is the perfect family friendly eco equestrian resort for a back to nature family break.
What Is Slieve Aughty Centre?
Slieve Aughty Centre & Eco-Resort are a family friendly equestrian and activity centre on 30 acres in East County Galway. Home of The Three Towers Eco House and Organic Kitchen (certified organic restaurant), the centre offers:
- Family holidays
- Days out
- Private event facilities
- Kids birthday parties
- Horse riding
- Walking and cycling routes
- Eco accommodation (including glamping and camping!)
What Can You Expect at Slieve Aughty Centre?
- The Three Towers Eco House and Organic Kitchen is a warm, bright sustainably built 4 star guest house with a certified organic restaurant that seats up to 80 people.
- Nine bespoke en-suite rooms ensure a peaceful sleep, 7 of which open onto a balcony with stunning views.
- 2 eco-lodges.
- 2 glamping cabins.
- During summer months, a tent in the garden is always an option.
- Specialty family rooms cater for families of 4-6.
- Pizza parties every Friday from April to October, make your own organic pizza and watch it sizzle in the clay oven – piping hot and delicious in minutes!
- 30 acres of land beckons visitors of all ages with farm animals, organic gardens, horse and pony rides, playground, arts and crafts room, self-guided walks, nature hut, and the popular Enchanted Forest with a wishing tree, gnomes, fairies and trolls and Ruby the witch.
Why Visit Slieve Aughty Centre?
While any day is a great day out, the centre is extra fun during the Spring, Halloween and Christmas Festivals.
The Equestrian Centre has more than 25 horses and ponies for birthday parties, trekking, pony rides to the Enchanted Forest, lessons, and natural horsemanship.
Bring your bikes and cycle the roads and/or forest tracks. There are miles and miles to explore in the adjacent 2,000 acres of Coillte Forestry. You can even head out with a donkey that carries your picnic and camera.
Every corner is a delight to the senses. The living pergola, set in a mature garden, is a sacred space for wedding ceremonies and blessings, while the Poplar Room is a lovely space for hire that hosts everything from yoga to corporate conferences.
How is Slieve Aughty Centre Different?
Owner Esther Zyderlaan settled at Slieve Aughty Centre in 1978 with a dream (and little else) to build a sustainable place for people to come together and relax in nature. Certified by Ecotourism Ireland as an eco-tour operator, the centre proudly does just that – with organic food and sustainable practices at the heart of everything.
There are no:
- Televisions in the rooms
- Plastic water bottles for sale
- Chemicals in the food, land, or cleaning products
It is a strong example of what we can do to make a difference and how we can all ensure that our planet can support our children and future generations.
Sum Up Slieve Aughty Centre in 5 Words
Family Friendly Eco Equestrian Haven
To book a holiday, party or day out visit Slieve Aughty Centre.