If you’ve a toddler or young kid, then more often than not, they like to play with your tablet or phone. But wondering which are the best apps for toddlers? If you want to make sure their online play is fun and educational, then check out The Very Hungry Caterpillar App, which is really great, and free to download too!
Nearly every home in the world has a copy of The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. It’s a simple but beautiful story that captures the imagination of all both young and old.
Story Toys have developed The Very Hungry Caterpillar App, a fun & educational app designed for preschoolers.
It’s free to download
Counting, Sorting & Memory Skills
While your little ones are having fun, they’ll also be practicing their counting, sorting, and memory skills, learning about healthy eating, and discovering amazing facts about caterpillars, seahorses, chameleons and other real-life animals.
The app also features StoryToys’ award-winning 3D technology and gentle animations that bring the characters to life.
The activities are fun and easy to play, and children will love earning badges for completing the extra puzzles and challenges in every scene:
- Guide the world’s best-known caterpillar towards healthy fruits as he wriggles across the garden
- 8 enchanting 3D pop-up scenes packed with simple animations and interactive elements
- Guide the Brown Bear around a forest maze to find her bear cub
- Grow The Tiny Seed into a beautiful flower with help from the sun and the Little Cloud
- Watch The Mixed Chameleon change color as you help him gobble up bugs with his long tongue!
- Complete jigsaw puzzles of your favorite characters
Guaranteed to make fans of The Very Hungry Caterpillar smile!
“Not only does the app bring Eric Carle into the lives of 21st century preschoolers, but it teaches important reading skills, promotes problem solving, and boosts little-finger dexterity.” – iPad Kids
“This is the first time Eric Carle art has been used in an app that you won’t regret buying.” – Children’s Technology Review
Have you tried The Very Hungry Caterpillar app? We would love to hear what you thought in the comments below.