Boozy ice lollies are a fun treat for girls’ night, the perfect post-BBQ refresher in summer, or really just a frozen delight for the end of a long day. Whether you like the classic G&T or a refreshing mojito, we have amazing ideas for alcohol ice pops that are a delicious grown up treat!
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
Many of your favourite cocktails can be transformed into alcohol ice pops with ease. We’ve chosen three of our favourite tipples – strawberry margaritas, mojitos, and a classic gin and tonic – and can we just say, these are YUM!
One top tip before you get started: if you are using moulds that require the lollipop sticks to stand in the mould on their own, you might find they are falling over. Try freezing your favourite alcohol ice pops in their moulds for an hour until the mixture is semi-solid, and then add the sticks.
You May Also Enjoy Pitcher Perfect Lavender Cocktail Lemon Gin Recipe
Fill Your Freezer With These Alcohol Ice Pops
Time to get started, and what better way than with a classic gin & tonic flavour combination?
Gin & Tonic Ice Pops
- 450ml tonic
- 75ml gin
- Juice of 1 lemon or lime
- 100ml elderflower cordial
- Mint sprigs, cucumber slices
- Mix the tonic, gin, lemon/lime and elderflower cordial together and pour into the ice lolly moulds.
- Add some mint sprigs, cucumber slices, lemon or lime slices, or any other garnish you like to the moulds before adding the lollipop stick.
- Freeze until solid.
You May Also Enjoy 7 Summer Cocktails Perfect for Sipping in the Sunshine
Strawberry Margarita Ice Pops
- 600g strawberries
- 120ml tequila
- 160g caster sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Strain the liquid through a sieve to remove any lumps, then pour between the ice lolly moulds.
- Add the popsicle sticks and freeze at least overnight until solid.
You May Also Enjoy 7 Prosecco Cocktails You Can Make in Minutes
Mojito Ice Pops
- 100ml water
- 100g caster sugar
- A large handful of mint leaves, torn
- Zest of 2-3 limes
- Juice of 6-8 limes
- 60ml white rum
- 300ml soda water
- Extra mint sprigs and/or thin lime slices, to garnish
- Start by making a mint syrup to infuse your ice lollies. Bring the water to the boil in a small saucepan, then remove from the heat and add the sugar. Stir until it is dissolved, then add the mint leaves and lime zest and simmer over a gentle heat for 3-5 minutes. Set the pan aside for at least 30 minutes to infuse all the mint flavour.
- Sieve the syrup into a jug, and discard the mint sprigs and lime zest. Add the rum and 130ml of the lime juice, then stir to combine and add the soda water. Taste to see if more lime juice is needed.
- Pour the mixture between the ice lolly moulds, add some mint sprigs to garnish, and freeze until solid.
You May Also Enjoy 40 Fun Ice Cream Cake Ideas You Need to Try
Are you tempted by these tasty alcohol ice pops? Which one is your favourite? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!