Christmas Pudding is loved or loathed in equal measure. For many it is the main after dinner treat on Christmas Day, but if you are stuck firmly in the loathe camp then you may like our alternative Rocky Road Christmas Pudding for a festive sweet sensation.
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
This recipe will make 8 Rocky Road Christmas Puddings
- 150g (5oz) dark chocolate
- 50g (2oz) butter
- 2 heaped tablespoons golden syrup
- 65g (2 ½ oz) rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
- 100g (3 ½ oz) digestive or rich tea biscuits crushed
- 65g (2 ½ oz) white chocolate
- 6 to 8 large white marshmallows
- Splash of Milk
- Cranberries fresh or dried and a mint leaf or green apple skin
- Line 8 muffin tins with cling film. Melt the dark chocolate in a saucepan with the butter and golden syrup.
- Once melted stir in the rice cereal and crushed biscuits and mix well until the mixture is combined and well coated.
- Divide the mixture equally between the muffin tins, pressing down with the back of a spoon to make sure each pudding is well packed. Chill for at least an hour until firm.
- Once chilled, carefully pull each pudding from the tin, unwrap and place rounded side up on a wire rack.
- To decorate, add your marshmallows and white chocolate along with a splash of milk to a small saucepan and heat gently to melt. Remove from heat and cool for 1 minute.
- Add a heaped spoon of the white chocolate and marshmallow mix to each pudding so it runs down the sides and resembles custard on a traditional plum pudding. Leave to cool and add your dried or fresh cranberries and your mint leaves, or green apple peel, to resemble holly.
- Serve and enjoy!
TIP: Cut down on the rice krispies and biscuits and replace with dried fruit and nuts for a more Christmas flavour.
You may also enjoy these festive treats:
- 12 Kid Friendly Christmas Recipes the Are Super Easy to Make
- 20 Scrumptious Christmas Pancake Recipes the Family will Love
- How to Make Polar Bear Marshmallows Perfect for Hot Chocolate
- How to Make Cute Santas from Tomatoes and Cream Cheese
- How to Make Cucumber Christmas Trees
- How to Make a Festive Penguin Snack from Olives and Cheese
Have you tried our alternative Rocky Road Christmas Pudding? Let us know in the comments box below.