This Beef Stroganoff recipe is quick and easy, ideal for mid-week cooking.
- 450g round steak, sliced into thin strips
- A small knob of butter
- 1 tblsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tblsp flour
- 2 tblsp paprika
- 250g field mushrooms, sliced
- 200ml beef stock
- 2 tblsp white wine vinegar
- 250ml carton of Crème Fraiche
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Garnish with snipped chives and sprinkling of paprika
- Serve with long grain rice or papperdelle pasta
- Put the sliced beef into a bowl with the paprika, flour, salt and pepper. Toss to evenly coat the beef.
- Melt the butter together with the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Once sizzling add the beef to the pan and cook until brown. You may have to do this in batches to avoid over-crowding the pan.
- Once all the meat is cooked add the onions and fry for a few minutes until soft and beginning to brown slightly, followed by the mushrooms which just need 2 minutes of stif-frying. Pour in the stock and vinegar, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir through the crème fraiche and Dijon mustard and cook for 1 minute, don’t let it boil. Taste, season, garnish and serve the beef stroganoff with rice or papperdelle pasta.