Are you looking for easy cupcake recipes? Here’s one of the best cupcake recipes for kids’ birthday parties, tried and tested by Mykidstime parents and kids.
(Makes 1 batch of 12 so double the ingredients for 24 cupcakes)
- 4 oz / 115g softened butter
- 4 oz / 115g caster sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz / 115g self raising flour
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
- Beat the butter & sugar together until fluffy and pale.
- Gradually add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Sieve the flour in and fold mixture until mixed.
- Spoon into cupcake cases in a bun tin and bake for 15-20 mins.
- The cakes are done when they are firm and golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Now the real fun begins!! Decorate them as you like!!
- Alternatively, hold back and let the kids decorate their own during the party.
Related : Lots more Party Food Ideas here
If you have tried this recipe let us know what you thought of it in the comments below
Did you like this article? Sign up for our free newsletter (be sure to tick Food!) and join us on facebook and follow us on Twitter, Instagram & Pinterest