Yes you read that correctly, chickpea chocolate chip cookies! The great thing about these cookies, apart from the fact that they take about 5 minutes to prep for baking, is that they are full of fibre, protein, folic acid, iron and zinc too.
For this recipe you can use tinned chickpeas and you could also use other nut butters if allergies are a problem in place of peanut butter.
They are dairy free, gluten free and grain free so are suitable for other allergies too.
1½ cups cooked chickpeas rinsed, or you can use one 15 oz. tin of chickpeas
½ cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup milk
85g dark chocolate chips
1 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 390F
- Rinse the chickpeas well in a colander, then pat them dry on paper towel to make sure they are really dry before cooking with them.
- Place into a blender with the peanut butter, vanilla extract, milk and baking powder. Blend until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Using a table spoon drop the mixture onto a baking tray. You may need more than one tray depending on what size cookie you want.
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire cooling tray.
Over to you now! Have you tried this recipe for chickpea chocolate chip cookies? Tell us your thoughts in the comments below.