Are you looking for child friendly restaurants in Mayo? There are so many great restaurants in Mayo to choose from, but the problem often for parents is which one will cater for all of the family. In no particular order, here’s the Mykidstime top Child Friendly Restaurants in Mayo
A lot of the restaurants may have small dining rooms and will not look too kindly on bringing buggies into them, some may even refuse you entry! Where possible bring along a car booster seat or simply ask if the restaurant has an available baby seat.
- Market Kitchen/Murphys Bar & Restaurant. A nice treat for everyone. Nice healthy menu for kids with half portions available. Great friendly service and the essential crayons and paper for the kids. Bar food during the day or evening restaurant.
- Dillons Restaurant. Tucked away in a lovely courtyard, Dillons is a lovely family friendly restaurant. They have a lovely menu, crayons for the kids and plenty of space for the kids to run around outside in the courtyard. Bar food during the day or evening restaurant.
National Museum of Ireland – Country Life, Turlough
The Museum Café at National Museum of Ireland – Country Life, is the perfect place for a snack or lunch before or after your museum visit.The café is open during Museum opening hours, and you will find child-friendly food at Brambles Café and high-chairs are available on request. The Café also welcomes mothers who wish to breast-feed their children.
47. Westport House, Mayo
There are plenty of dining options at Westport House & Pirate Adventure Park. The tea-rooms in Westport House are perfect for enjoying home-made cakes and scones. Gracy’s Gastro Bar is situated at the old farmyard, and offers hot and cold food throughout the day, and now offer pizzas from their wood-fired oven, at weekends. Baby bowls also available. Pirates Den and Galley at Pirates Haven both serve tea/coffee and snacks.
- There are plenty of dining options at Westport House & Pirate Adventure Park. The tea-rooms in Westport House are perfect for enjoying home-made cakes and scones. Gracy’s Gastro Bar is situated at the old farmyard, and offers hot and cold food throughout the day, and now offer pizzas from their wood-fired oven, at weekends. Baby bowls also available. Pirates Den and Galley at Pirates Haven both serve tea/coffee and snacks.
- Sol Rio, Bridge Street 098 28944 – Open for lunch & dinner – really nice kids menu. It’s upstairs so you may have to carry the buggy or just leave it in the car! They won a Kids Size Me Award this year for All of Ireland (& Connacht) in the Irish Restaurant Awards.
- Mocha Beans, WestPoint Shopping Centre 098 56066 – great atmosphere, kids portions are a good size and price and it’s easy to manoeuvre a buggy in here too! Open each day until 6pm.
- Nicola’s Food Emporium, 5 Lime Court, James St Car Park 098 24041 – really lovely food here and she makes a lovely little drink with marshmallows for the kiddies! Not lots of room but could fold up a buggy inside.
- Torrinos, Market Lane, off Bridge St. 098 28338 – lovely food here. Pasta, chicken, steak, pizza and seafood. It is always very busy and so advance bookings are advisable. Its cosy so no room for buggies.
- The Helm, The Quay 098 26398 – Great seafood and atmosphere in The Helm, booking is essential as it’s very popular. Lots of highchairs available so no need to bring the buggy!
- The Creel, The Quay 098 26174 – lovely hearty food here and great big portions! Lovely location and friendly staff. Kids portions are on the large size but I usually ask for a very small portion. Desserts are a must!! Open from Wednesday – Sunday.
- Curry’s Cottage, James St. 098 25297 – Lovely coffee shop with great buns and cakes and gorgeous little cakes for small kids e.g. Winnie the Pooh cakes! Small with lots of tables so no buggy room. You can always get a takeaway bun if need to keep the buggy!
- Pantry & Corkscrew, The Octagon 098 26977– Have had delicious fish and chips here before very very tasty!! Open Wednesday – Sunday for lunch and dinner. It’s also very cosy in here so leave the buggy behind!!
- Fishworks, Carlton Atlantic Coast Hotel, The Quay 098 29000 – lots of space for buggies here. Good seafood and it’s down at the quay so nice view and lovely to walk around after you eat!
- The Cosy Cup. A small cafe and juice bar on main street. Serves breakfasts, snacks, sandwiches and paninis.
- Tasty Dish, Knox St. Open for breakfast and lunch with sandwiches or hot meals. Kids menu includes sausages and nuggets or half portions. Very spacious but toilet is upstairs.
- There is also Supermacs on Main Street
- Park lanes Bar & Restaurant at the Gateway Leisure Centre. Lovely spacious restaurant with within the leisure centre with fantastic views of the bay. Tasty menu for everyone. Free jug of Miwadi and crayons and paper provided.
- Broadhaven Bay fuses modern and traditional Irish dishes whilst using the freshest local produce.
- The Riverside. Lovely cosy restaurant with great healthy children’s menu, high chairs and crayons for the kids.
- McWilliam Park Hotel
- Aghna’s Cafe is a bright, airy, welcoming haven where you can relax with a cuppa, a healthy breakfast, hot lunch or afternoon tea.
- Café Rua– Delicious, uncomplicated food with daily specials.
- Breaffy Woods Hotel. The Legends restaurant offers a relaxing dining experience; the menus are varied and caters excellently for children.
- For an easy choice there’s always McDonalds or Apache Pizza
If you have a favourite place to eat with kids in Mayo that’s not on our list, please share it in the comments below.