Stir fries are an incredibly quick and healthy choice for dinner, making them perfect for midweek meals. Once you have your ingredients ready, this Chinese beef stir fry can be ready in less than 10 minutes!
While this Chinese stir fry uses cabbage as the main vegetable, you could easily change this up for pepper strips, green beans, asparagus, carrot strips, beansprouts or anything else you have in the fridge.
Chinese Beef Stir-Fry Recipe
- 2 x sirloin steaks
- ½ cabbage, shredded
- 1 large red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large green chilli, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 30g piece of peeled ginger, grated
- 30ml rapeseed oil
- 50ml soy sauce
- 15ml lime juice
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Thinly slice the steak, discard any fat and season with some salt and black pepper.
- In a large wok, heat the oil until hot, then add the steak and fry for a few minutes to seal.
- Add the onion, cabbage, garlic and chilli, and stir fry for about 4 minutes.
- Then add the ginger and cook for another minute.
- Add the soy sauce and the lime juice.
- Cook stirring for 3-4 minutes, then serve with rice or noodles.
With thanks to Aldi for the recipe, check out more great recipes on Aldi.ie.