Stir fries are an incredibly quick and healthy choice for dinner, making them perfect for midweek meals. Once you have your ingredients ready, this Chinese beef stir fry can be ready in less than 10 minutes!
Don’t miss the chance to have your say! We’re looking for parents to get involved and give their feedback on all aspects of family life. Find out more here.
While this Chinese stir fry uses cabbage as the main vegetable, you could easily change this up for pepper strips, green beans, asparagus, carrot strips, beansprouts or anything else you have in the fridge.
You May Also Enjoy Chinese Pork Lettuce Wraps are a Delicious and Healthy Idea for Dinner
Chinese Beef Stir Fry with Cabbage
- 2 x sirloin steaks (e.g. Butcher’s Selection Irish 30-day matured sirloin steaks from Aldi)
- ½ cabbage, shredded
- 1 large red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large green chilli, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 30g piece of peeled ginger, grated
- 30ml rapeseed oil
- 50ml soy sauce
- 15ml lime juice
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Thinly slice the steak, discard any fat and season with some salt and black pepper.
- In a large wok, heat the oil until hot, then add the steak and fry for a few minutes to seal.
- Add the onion, cabbage, garlic and chilli, and stir fry for about 4 minutes.
- Then add the ginger and cook for another minute.
- Add the soy sauce and the lime juice.
- Cook stirring for 3-4 minutes, then serve with rice or noodles.
With thanks to Aldi for the recipe, check out more great recipes on Aldi.ie.
You May Also Enjoy Try This Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe for a New Family Favourite
Have your say! Would your family enjoy this Chinese beef stir fry? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!