Some days you just want something that can be done in a matter of minutes – and that’s where these chorizo and chicken quesadillas are the perfect solution! Not only are they quick and easy to prepare (it’s really just an assembly job), you can also make them with whatever is in the fridge.
No chorizo? No problem! Swap in bacon or just leave it at chicken and veggies. The gooey melted cheese brings it all together and makes these quesadillas a great lunch or dinner choice. Serve with a salad, wedges, fries or a bowl of soup for a more hearty meal.
Chorizo and Chicken Quesadillas
- 100g chorizo, diced
- 4 soft tortilla wraps
- Leftover chicken, shredded
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- Grated cheddar and/or mozzarella
- 100g sweetcorn
- Rocket and cherry tomatoes, to serve
- In a small pan, sauté the chorizo for 3-4 minutes. Drain and remove to a plate.
- Put a large pan or griddle pan on over a medium heat
- Now it’s time to create your quesadillas. Lay a tortilla wrap on a chopping board and combine a mix of chicken, chorizo, pepper strips, corn and cheese to one half of the wrap.
- Fold the other half over, and use a spatula to carefully lift the quesadilla into the pan. Cook on each side for several minutes, pressing down with the spatula to keep the quesadilla flat.
- Cut into thirds and serve.