This holiday food recipe for Mashed Potatoes with Crème Fraîche goes perfectly with your turkey:
Sign up for our free newsletter, find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and enjoy our Favourite Recipes board on Pinterest.
- 1.5 kg floury potatoes, such as Maris Piper or Kerr’s Pinks potatoes (or any good mashing/boiling potato variety)
- 160 ml crème fraîche or sour cream
- 60 g butter, diced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1/2 cm slices. Put them in a large pot of generously salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer until the potatoes are tender, then drain.
- Return the potatoes to the pot off the heat, cover with a clean tea towel and allow to sit for 5 minutes (this helps to dry out the potatoes, resulting in a fluffier mash).
- Mash the potatoes, then add the crème fraîche and butter and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
You might also enjoy: Cider-brined Turkey with Maple Chilli Glaze and Ice Cream Christmas Pudding