This holiday food recipe for Mashed Potatoes with Crème Fraîche goes perfectly with your turkey:
- 1.5 kg floury potatoes, such as Maris Piper or Kerr’s Pinks potatoes (or any good mashing/boiling potato variety)
- 160 ml crème fraîche or sour cream
- 60 g butter, diced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1/2 cm slices. Put them in a large pot of generously salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer until the potatoes are tender, then drain.
- Return the potatoes to the pot off the heat, cover with a clean tea towel and allow to sit for 5 minutes (this helps to dry out the potatoes, resulting in a fluffier mash).
- Mash the potatoes, then add the crème fraîche and butter and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Over to you now, what’s your best tip for mashed potatoes? Tell us what you thought in the comments below.