Are you looking for Christmas recipes for kids? This Christmas star biscuits recipe, sent in by Mykidstime parent Deirdre C, is easy to make, and would make great presents from kids for teacher/grandparents!
- 175g softened butter
- 125g soft brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 225g self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 50g chopped almonds
- 25g digestive biscuits
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Sift the flour, mixed spice and cinnamon, then add the lemon rind, nuts and biscuit crumbs. Bind the ingredients together to make a firm dough.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough to a depth of 8mm then cut out the biscuits using a star biscuit cutter.
- Line the baking trays with sheets of parchment paper. Place the biscuits on baking trays and chill for 10 mins. Bake at gas 4 for 15 – 20 mins until they are golden brown.
- Leave for a few minutes to harden and then transfer the biscuits to a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight tin, if they have not all disappeared.
- These are suitable for freezing and they also make great presents that the children can make for their grandparents. They can be iced and decorated really Christmassy too.
Related : More festive recipe ideas in 15 Easy Christmas Recipes
Did you make this recipe or do you have any similar recipes ? Let us know in the comments below