If you are looking for party food ideas, Clodagh McKenna’s Mini Gourmet Burgers are perfect.
To prevent the burgers from sticking to the BBQ grill, brush the grill grate with oil. Grab a small wad of paper towels with tongs, then dip in a bowl of vegetable oil and rub lightly to evenly coat the grate before grilling these burgers. Makes 12 Burgers
- 750g minced beef
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1tbsp tomato relish
- 75g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 mini sesame burger buns
- Cos Lettuce
- Sliced Tomatoes
- Red Onion Rings
- Mix the beef with the red onion, relish, mustard, thyme, breadcrumbs and season with salt and pepper. Mix with your hands then shape into 12 mini burgers. Grill on a hot BBQ for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- About a minute before the burger is cooked place a slice of cheese on top (optional).
- Sandwich the burgers between the mini sesame burger buns rounds with whatever toppings you fancy) and secure with cocktail sticks.
This recipe was provided by Clodagh McKenna.
Related: “Killer” Chilli BBQ Sauce and Homemade Spice Mix/Dry Rub. Other Party Food Ideas here.