Cranberry sauce is really traditional and synonymous with Christmas, and you can wow your guests with this Cranberry and Orange sauce that’s super easy to make. It also works well as a great homemade foodie gift to give around the holidays.
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
This recipe is adapted from The Vegetarian Epicure by Anna Thomas.
Fresh cranberries start appearing in grocery stores around mid-November, so snap up a few bags and stash them in the freezer to make sure you have a supply ready for holiday cooking and baking.
You May Also Enjoy 15 Easy Christmas Recipes That Everyone Will Love
Easy Cranberry and Orange Sauce
- 150g caster sugar
- 250ml orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 350g fresh cranberries
- Combine the sugar, orange juice, cinnamon and cloves in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the cranberries, return to the boil and stir over a medium heat for about 10 minutes. Use a long-handled spoon and keep an eye on it, as this will bubble and spit.
- When most of the cranberries have popped and the sauce has thickened, it’s done.
- Pour it into a serving dish or storage container and allow it to cool, then store it in the fridge.
- This will keep, covered, for 1 week in the fridge.
You May Also Enjoy 10 Easy Homemade Food Gifts that Kids can Make at Christmas
Did you try this recipe for Cranberry and Orange Sauce? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!