Cranberry sauce is synonymous with Christmas, and this Cranberry & Orange sauce is super easy to make.
Adapted from The Vegetarian Epicure by Anna Thomas
Fresh cranberries start appearing in grocery stores around mid-November, so snap up a few bags and stash them in the freezer to make sure you have a supply ready for holiday cooking and baking.
Ingredients (serves 6-8) :
- 150 g caster sugar
- 250 ml orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of ground cloves
- 350 g fresh cranberries
- Combine the sugar, orange juice, cinnamon and cloves in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the cranberries, return to the boil and stir over a medium heat for about 10 minutes. Use a long-handled spoon and keep an eye on it, as this will bubble and spit.
- When most of the cranberries have popped and the sauce has thickened, it’s done.
- Pour it into a serving dish or storage container and allow it to cool, then store it in the fridge.
- This will keep, covered, for 1 week in the fridge.
Related : More ideas in 15 Easy Christmas Recipes.
Did you try this recipe ? Please let us know in the comments below.