Devilishly divine chocolate cake for Easter? Yes, please! Chocolate is the cornerstone of Easter and you’ll love this yummy Easter chocolate cake recipe. Decorated with Mini Eggs this cake looks beautiful and tastes great.
Don’t miss the chance to have your say! We’re looking for parents to get involved and give their feedback on all aspects of family life. Find out more here.
Baking this cake is an excellent activity to do over the school holidays and there are plenty of age-appropriate jobs to do that the kids can help with or do independently.
Of course, everyone can also pop a Mini Egg onto the cake at the end and taste test them (just in case).
You May Also Enjoy 28 Fun Rainbow Desserts, Cakes and Treats to Brighten Your Day
Yummy Easter Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 250g dark chocolate
- 125g unsalted butter
- 6 eggs – 2 whole, 4 separated
- 175g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 125g dark chocolate
- 250ml double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 bags Mini Eggs
- Preheat your oven to 180oC/Gas Mark 4. Line the bottom of a 23cm springform tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the 250g chocolate and the butter, leave to cool slightly. Whisk the 4 egg whites until firm, then add in 100g of the caster sugar gradually – whisking after each addition – until peaks can form.
- In another bowl whisk the 2 whole eggs and 4 egg yolks with the remaining 75g sugar and vanilla extract. Fold in the chocolate mixture.
- Next, add a large spoonful of the egg whites and stir in quickly. Fold in the remaining egg whites gently, in about 3 separate goes.
- Pour into the tin and bake for 35-40mins. Cool the cake in its tin on a wire rack. As it cools the centre will dip and the sides will crack- do not panic; this is perfect!
- Melt the 125g chocolate and leave to cool slightly. Whip the cream and fold in the vanilla and melted chocolate. (From past experience – when the warm chocolate is mixed with the cream it melts it a bit, so make sure you’ve whipped the cream enough otherwise the topping gets too runny, but not too much so it’s like butter!)
- Spread over the top of the cake, scatter over the Mini Eggs and enjoy!
You May Also Enjoy Make Your Own Upside Down Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
Have your say! Have you made a similar cake before or do you have any other Easter cake recipes? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!